Sick of people flashing their high beams at me. Anyone else with 2016+ LTZ have this problem?

I do a lot of driving at night and every day someone flashes their highs at me.  I'm 100% stock.  They are aimed properly.  I think these LEDs suck for oncoming traffic.  I can't be the only one with this issue. Any solutions?  Drive with only fog lights on?

Edited by m3n00b

Unfortunately these newer head lights look like high beams when going up an incline. I adjust mine down when every possible to avoid that. Fogs or running lights are usually an indication of lows being on. Except for the individuals who wire their fog- running lights to stay on all the time. I refrain from flashing unless I get hit with them first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I don't understand these lights are nowhere near as bright as the older lights and the projector cuts the beam height. Also isn't there a auto sense dimmer built into them? 

Not sure if they all have that auto dimming, mine is listed as TQ5-INTELLIBEAM HEADLAMPS, but not sure that's what you're talking about. They go from low to high and back to low all on their own unless the Fogs are turned on.

3 hours ago, m3n00b said:

I do a lot of driving at night and every day someone flashes their highs at me.  I'm 100% stock.  They are aimed properly.  I think these LEDs suck for oncoming traffic.  I can't be the only one with this issue. Any solutions?  Drive with only fog lights on?

I agree that the LED's suck for everyone in front of you. You have measured your light bulb height, and the height of the cutoff line on a wall 25' in front of your truck to know that the light is below horizontal? If you are just assuming they are aligned correctly because your truck is stock, that may not be true. I wish police would ticket people for driving around with lights that are aimed too high.

However yours are aimed, if you are getting flashed by oncoming traffic frequently it's because you are blinding them. Don't be a d%ck and flash them back, check your aim and do something about it.

For the a-holes that think its funny to flash back- realize that your high beams are no brighter to an onlooker than your low beams when viewed from below the cut-off line. Unlike the old two filament headlight where it really was dim/bright, the new lights are the same brightness, with the only difference being they cut off the top half of the beam for "low beams". If you don't believe me, go experiment tonight.

3 hours ago, aseibel said:

I agree that the LED's suck for everyone in front of you. You have measured your light bulb height, and the height of the cutoff line on a wall 25' in front of your truck to know that the light is below horizontal? If you are just assuming they are aligned correctly because your truck is stock, that may not be true. I wish police would ticket people for driving around with lights that are aimed too high.

However yours are aimed, if you are getting flashed by oncoming traffic frequently it's because you are blinding them. Don't be a d%ck and flash them back, check your aim and do something about it.

For the a-holes that think its funny to flash back- realize that your high beams are no brighter to an onlooker than your low beams when viewed from below the cut-off line. Unlike the old two filament headlight where it really was dim/bright, the new lights are the same brightness, with the only difference being they cut off the top half of the beam for "low beams". If you don't believe me, go experiment tonight.

I never flash back for just being flashed but when they just hit the brights and leave them on well then yeah I let them know I’m on low beam with a quick flash back. Even if they don’t dim after they know I’m not on high, I don’t return the leaving on high favor. Interestingly, I’ve not been flashed since the dealer changed my passenger headlight assembly. They set it off the drivers side beam so that one was either spot on or close enough. I don’t use the fog lights unless there is heavy rain....or fog ?

Edited by SS502

From the GMC side of the house, I get it too in my '16 Sierra SLT w/ the LED headlamps.  Now part of it was my fault, as there is another thread on here about the LED headlights distance sucking, so I adjusted mine up a tad but then had to lower them a smidge.  Now I don't get it as often, but when I do, I flash them back and now I win.  I did the high beam & fog light both on trick plus I'll illuminate my offload LED lightbar that's in my grill.  This especially works well for the idiots who feel that their entitled to drive around with their high beams on when one of their low beams is out.    

• Like 1

When I had my 2016 LTZ it was the same thing... I adjusted my lights down but it didn't help alot...and sure didn't help me see!!!  I hated the lights on that truck. My 2018 has better lights by far. 

I always drive with my fog lights on (at one time my vision was rated at 600-20) so the more light the better. I like to wait till they  have not figured out that the low beams are on, and then "Light the Highs", and then see if they go blindly off of the road behind me. So, yes this happens to me, both in the 16 I had and now my 18.

• Like 2