2020 Gasser 6.2L Not 6.6L?

22 minutes ago, NOVA99 said:

So the badges show 6.2L.  Maybe a base engine and an optional 6.6L gas?   Also looks like gas models will have a hood scoop.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/02/2020-sierra-hd-double-cab-caught-photo-gallery/

Umm...  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2500HD and 3500HD only come in crew cab, right?

If it is the 6.2L, then I would hope that they made an HD version and didn't just drop in the 6.2L from the light-duty line.

Edited by ApertureX

Regular Cab, Double Cab configs exist in the previous gen.  I think it is safe to state that a regular and double cab will be available for the new 2020 generation 2500/3500 eventually.  I am sure the 2020 L5P and new gas 6.2L will have upgraded components.  Only time will tell if they bring a 6.2, 6,6 or both for the gas platform in the gen trucks. 

OK. I'm new to looking at the HD line (looking at getting a fifth-wheel RV) so I wasn't sure about all the configurations.

If they can get 420HP and 460lb-ft of torque and built it stronger, then I'm all for it. The downside to that would be running on premium gas, but it's still cheaper than diesel fuel (at least in Georgia).

Edited by ApertureX

I know that the article says "6.2L based on the badging" but I can't tell from how grainy the photo is if it's 6.2 or 6.6. thoughts?

2020-GMC-Sierra-HD-SLT-Double-Cab-Februa

Edit:

Now they changed the article to read “6.6L based on the badging...”... What in the ????

Edited by ApertureX

I have had 2 - 6.2L half ton Denalis (2010 & 2017) and those engines were bullet proof - not one problem ever and I ran them on everything from 87-93 octane in the midwest.  The photos are grainy but they were taken by a reporter or officially "leaked" so the reporter is stating they said 6.2L.  Will be curious to how it turns out.

1 hour ago, ApertureX said:

Umm...  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2500HD and 3500HD only come in crew cab, right?

If it is the 6.2L, then I would hope that they made an HD version and didn't just drop in the 6.2L from the light-duty line.

There were restrictions on HD combos available during 2019MY because of the re-tooling at Ft Wayne and Flint. 

Every bit of info is 6.6 gas. The badge is not at all clear enough to see. The reason everybody is recognizing the 6 is because 6. something is what we've been told but neither of thsoe numbers are clear. If we didn't already have some info on it I doubt anybody could quantify exactly what those numbers are based on this picture.

Motor1 had the same shots, but you can zoom in on their page.

https://www.motor1.com/photo/3771620/2020-gmc-sierra-hd-double-cab/

Looks like a 6.6 to me.  It says "V8" as well, the Duramax says 'Duramax/Allison."

Interesting that it has the ram air setup on it.  

Edited by newdude

businessman-going-crazy-pulling-his-hair

Why can’t they just tell us already instead of dragging this out!

I just need to know what the HP & Torque are on the new gas engine and what the payload will be on the Denali crew cab 2500 & 3500 so I can figure out which fifth-wheel RV I’ll be able to safely haul.

*** deep breath ***

Okay... rant over.