2020 Gasser 6.2L Not 6.6L?

25 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

6.6L Gas  or 6.6L Duramax   

Seems there is not 6.2L option.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/02/2020-silverado-hd-full-specs/

There never was a 6.2 option. A few members saw a blurry picture of a fender badge yesterday and turned the 6.6 into a 6.2. One guy even called the 6.6 fake news even though news of the 6.6 option dropped a couple months ago. Thankfully, GM made it official today. Now they can go back to making fun of its appearance lol 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, magnum74 said:

There never was a 6.2 option. A few members saw a blurry picture of a fender badge yesterday and turned the 6.6 into a 6.2. One guy even called the 6.6 fake news even though news of the 6.6 option dropped a couple months ago. Thankfully, GM made it official today. Now they can go back to making fun of its appearance lol 

The link I posted to specs was in reference to that blurry "6.2" picture.

5 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

The 6.6 is real after all, a bored and stroked 6.0, nothing wrong with that.

Not really. It's a Gen V like the 5.3 or the 6.2 is in the half ton cast in iron for the block and no mention of AFM or DFM. 

The thing guys don't know is you can drop the crankshaft and connecting rods out of the gen V engines right into an LS block... like no changes lol.  The gen V is very much an LS is design but just with direct injection incorporated.  Gm is finally admitting that now haha.  They initially said the connecting rods were a different length... nope... same 6.098" as the LS and same journal and pin bore size.  The LT4 rods are a fairly trick looking piece and look right out of a Callies catalog.  Crank is the same thing and the 6.2 ones are a twisted forged design.  

I am constantly looking for a set of LT4 connecting rods and an LT1 or L86 crankshaft for my next LS build.  

Edited by SierraHD17

2 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Not really. It's a Gen V like the 5.3 or the 6.2 is in the half ton cast in iron for the block and no mention of AFM or DFM. 

The thing guys don't know is you can drop the crankshaft and connecting rods out of the gen V engines right into an LS block... like no changes lol.  The gen V is very much an LS is design but just with direct injection incorporated.  Gm is finally admitting that now haha.  They initially said the connecting rods were a different length... nope... same 6.098" as the LS and same journal and pin bore size.  The LT4 rods are a fairly trick looking piece and look right out of a Callies catalog.  Crank is the same thing and the 6.2 ones are a twisted forged design.  

I am constantly looking for a set of LT4 connecting rods and an LT1 or L86 crankshaft for my next LS build.  

I wonder if you can bolt LS heads and manifold and use LS injectors instead of direct injection for a swap vehicle?

Audio quality varies throughout the video, but @ 15:05 the 6.6L engineer states:

- 6.6L torque is improved 20% across the entire RPM range, not just peak

- Torque peak has lowered to around 4000 RPM

- E85 is NOT available on the new 6.6L

Edited by ApertureX

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda sad in one way.  Both of my 2500's I have had in the last 20 years were built at Ft. Wayne.  Darn reliable.  Now they will be built in Flint.  One more reason I will keep mine.

17 hours ago, Cowpie said:

Kinda sad in one way.  Both of my 2500's I have had in the last 20 years were built at Ft. Wayne.  Darn reliable.  Now they will be built in Flint.  One more reason I will keep mine.

What will happen in Flint that will make them less reliable?

38 minutes ago, CRApex said:

What will happen in Flint that will make them less reliable?

Not saying they will be.  Just a tradition thing.  I have had such good results with Ft Wayne built GM trucks that it is just a little unnerving to see that change.  Change is not always beneficial.

48 minutes ago, Cowpie said:

Not saying they will be.  Just a tradition thing.  I have had such good results with Ft Wayne built GM trucks that it is just a little unnerving to see that change.  Change is not always beneficial.

Change is always about money. Somehow someway.