OEM 16-17 LED Headlights Added

Just me, but why spend good bucks on lights that are, self admitted, as sub par for light output to the HID's? Isn't a light upgrade for lighting ? When I'm in a place at night I'm unfamiliar with, I don't care what my lights look like, I want them to light up unfamiliar territory. Just me, I get the looks thing. Just me.

I was told today by a guy at GM parts that in order for these lights to work with the gen 5 harness that the BCM has to be reprogrammed. I argued with him that there was no programming to do but just want to make sure that anyone who has swapped lights hasn’t had to do any programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, markwadeewen said:

I was told today by a guy at GM parts that in order for these lights to work with the gen 5 harness that the BCM has to be reprogrammed. I argued with him that there was no programming to do but just want to make sure that anyone who has swapped lights hasn’t had to do any programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never

On 3/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, gearheadesw said:

Just me, but why spend good bucks on lights that are, self admitted, as sub par for light output to the HID's? Isn't a light upgrade for lighting ? When I'm in a place at night I'm unfamiliar with, I don't care what my lights look like, I want them to light up unfamiliar territory. Just me, I get the looks thing. Just me.

these are subpar to the 55w HID's I put into the OEM housings and greatly improved vs the oem housings without HID's as they came stock.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, q.poole said:

Does anyone know if the 2015 2500HD SLT Headlights will be a direct swap for the 2018 2500HD SLT (HID) headlights? 

You are still going to need a wire harness for 2016+ HiD headlights in a 2015.