Headers/cats question

9 minutes ago, 300 Blackout said:

Great minds think alike. I’ve got a TVS 1900 on order :-)

I can't wait;

LT4 high pressure fuel pump,

LT4 high flow Injectors

2.35" pulley

E85 conversion kit

Nick Williams 103MM Throttle Body

Circle D 2700 Torque Converter. 

Texas Speed Performance Heads

DOD delete kit with Morel Lifters

Comp Camps Rocker arms

New Camshaft (Texas Speed Performance SV)

GONNA BE GLORIOUS. I ordered the Heads/Cam/DOD early Jan so as soon as TXP ships me my heads and cam It's getting towed and beefed!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, DenaliX14 said:

If you’re able to eliminate DOD/AFM and get some cats you will stop the smell and get a  immensely consistent sound. 

Oh i had the AFM taken off when i got the Tune done the first time lol that shit was miserable even with regular exhaust work done before the headers. I'm just going to add the cats back for few reasons. If it quiets it down more as well, so be it. But i may change exhaust setup if its to quiet. I talked with a guy at TSP and will have the high flow cats ordered soon.

• 9 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, DenaliX14 said:

If you’re able to eliminate DOD/AFM and get some cats you will stop the smell and get a  immensely consistent sound. 

You know anybody who runs the TSP catted y? I’d like to stick with TSP since I’m running the heads, but I haven’t looked into other brands of cats yet to see prices. TSP wants like $350 or so. 

16 minutes ago, Jared Walters said:

You know anybody who runs the TSP catted y? I’d like to stick with TSP since I’m running the heads, but I haven’t looked into other brands of cats yet to see prices. TSP wants like $350 or so. 

Not personally. I ordered mine from Summit. Had to have some fab work. Only cost me $100 something per cat and about $150 worth of piping a labor from a local muffler shop. 

1 hour ago, DenaliX14 said:

Not personally. I ordered mine from Summit. Had to have some fab work. Only cost me $100 something per cat and about $150 worth of piping a labor from a local muffler shop. 

Hmmm guess it comes out around the same then. I’ll just order the catted Y that TSP has on their site and just have my tuner or exhaust shop install it. 

8 hours ago, Jared Walters said:

Hmmm guess it comes out around the same then. I’ll just order the catted Y that TSP has on their site and just have my tuner or exhaust shop install it. 

Does your state require annual emissions testing? OBD/Two speed Idle etc?

I’m running the TSP headers with catted Y. You definitely still get some fumes if the truck is started in a garage or you have your windows down and sitting still. I can’t say if it’s any better then not having cats. I do believe it brings the noise level down.

I’ve ran several muffler set ups trying to find the sound I’m looking for. Currently running a single 3” back into a Dynomax ultraflow round muffler (pn 17267) followed by Borla Atak crate muffler (pn 400844). I think it’s perfect. A little loud on cold starts and above 3000 rpm but relatively tame otherwise. The perfect amount of rasp and deep tone. The Borla by itself was obnoxiously loud and had some farm truck cackle when it was cold. The extra muffler took care of that and cleaned up some of the harsher tones. You might try running another muffler or resonator in front of your Magnaflow if you’re not happy with the sound.

https://youtu.be/2Q2lFz3UKvA