Can't look past Odd Diagonal Fender Line

I really want to like the look of the new truck.  For some reason I fixate on the swoopy fender line on the side and just can't convince myself to like it.  I think it's because swoopy lines are the latest fad on cars. 

p4pb16836145.jpg

• Thanks 1

Have you seen it in person? Don't fixate on a picture; either of a woman or a car, they both look much different (and usually better) live!

The curves make it look more rugged. That picture I find stunning, and I hated the previous gen, especially those squared off wheel wells. Funny how different things appeal to different people.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, xl_cheese said:

I really want to like the look of the new truck.  For some reason I fixate on the swoopy fender line on the side and just can't convince myself to like it.  I think it's because swoopy lines are the latest fad on cars. 

p4pb16836145.jpg

That swoop mark is an unnecessary add-on and looks ridiculous.  Just like the air vents above the ends of the front bumpers, and so many other details on these new GM trucks.  They were too worried about swoops, side mirrors on doors, 6-way tailgates (a solution to a problem nobody but the GM designers saw) on the outside, but mostly carried over the interior, and have the worst transmission programming, ride quality, and real-world fuel mileage in the business.  Go figure.    

Edited by MaverickZ71

1 hour ago, the wanderer said:

Have you seen it in person? Don't fixate on a picture; either of a woman or a car, they both look much different (and usually better) live!

The curves make it look more rugged. That picture I find stunning, and I hated the previous gen, especially those squared off wheel wells. Funny how different things appeal to different people.

Yep.  Sometimes vehicles look better in person than they do in pictures.  But for me, this one wasn't any better.  

18 minutes ago, DEV1ST8R said:

I agree. Somebody photoshopped it on another thread with a straight line connecting to the rear half and it made a world of difference. It made it look so much more aggressive and complete.

That was me. I’d have to see if I still have it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newdude said:

No.  Now you've lost the cohesiveness that follows the headlight.  Don't quit your dayjob. 

I actually think it looks better.  ? either way his day job is safe 

On 2/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, DTB said:

I'm available if you need a new designer, Mary. :cool:

Screenshot_2018-10-27 https www chevrolet com(1).png

This fixes all 3 of my exterior complaints. I would be a buyer had they went this route!

The mirrors moved to the door panels while doing nothing with the space in the corner of the window looks terrible. 

Not a fan of the arc or it needs to disappear before rolling the wave or what ever down the door. 

The air curtain appearance is polarizing. 

Sierra has the same issue with the mirrors, gaudy weirdness around the air curtain/fog light & funky wheel wells. 

I have always been a GM person. Read my previous posts. Am not bashing GM or anyone's personal vehicle. 

But just am not liking their design direction on most of the line up.