Ford’s Realization: We Suck

So the big blue oval turd has gone to a 7.3 liter big-block in their 2020 HD trucks with: an iron block, port fuel injection, and imagine this, push rods!

Weren’t the Ford fanboys touting how great their OHC, aluminum blocks were a little while back?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Ford seems to be able to cover all bases and still is no 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They call it innovation...LOL! I never understood their engines or how they drove loose and sloppy.  I will never get it, all I know is dependability.

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

Reg cab with a 5.0 and no cylinder deactivation, rock on.

There's something wrong though when your trucks are almost as quick, or as quick as your sports car. Sounds to me like the truck division needs to start working on mustangs and vice versa.

I think Ford figured out what the motorcycle industry got bak in the '80's. Double Over Head Cam four valve per cylinder engines make great power, at high revs, fine for cars, no good for trucks. I think they made a truck engine again.

I think Ford figured out what the motorcycle industry got bak in the '80's. Double Over Head Cam four valve per cylinder engines make great power, at high revs, fine for cars, no good for trucks. I think they made a truck engine again.

My thoughts exactly.

It might take a better mind than me to figure this out, but I’d love to see sales figures for their 6.2 versus GM’s 6.0 to chassis manufacturers. Every new UPS truck in my neighborhood, the plumber, landscapers are all powered by the 6.0. Not saying that the 6.2 is bad, but it seems like Ford has gone back to the old ways of the pushrod for that reliability and smaller footprint.

It's a very LS in design engine and should make some excellent power numbers.  Could be easily 600 lb ft of torque at peak with it being 445 cubic inch and all.  I think that engine with the 10 speed, hopefully still offering 4.30 gears in an extended cab short box f250 would rock.

Um the Ford 6.2 smokes our 6.0's in virtually every acceleration test - unloaded, loaded, steep hills, heavy loads, doesn't matter.  Now, as for maintenance, packaging, and long-term reliability, maybe the 6.0 has the edge.  But a Ford 6.2 is a very capable, long-lasting HD truck engine.  Some of the perspectives from GM fans on this strike me as a little silly.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
#1 thanks to Fleet Sales only.

In my 40 years of dealing with companies of all sizes the vast majority used Fords. Heavy duty users the same. I’ve owned most of the brands had good luck across the board. I would buy the cheapest usually at the time of purchase. Since 1999 it’s mostly been GM, usually every two years. You would think if I can buy a GM cheaper, fleet buyers should be able to. I would generally ask why Fords. The answer would usually be 200K trouble free miles, overall cost would be cheaper. I usually would not go that many miles or beat mine the way I’ve seen them do. So durability didn’t concern me as much. So the answer was overall cheaper to own.

#1 thanks to Fleet Sales only.

Ford out sells because of fleet sales, selling cheaper priced disposable work trucks. GM has the longest lasting trucks. I’ve owned many high end Fords, never go back to another Ford, seems their trucks are a bit to truck like and not as refined as GM trucks. Guess that’s why they’re cheaper. So, if anyone is interested in buying a truck that will last a long time, GM Trucks are your best bet.

Sent from above
  • Like 1