2019 Camper Shell Cap Pictures

In that last photo it looks like there is a new piece of plastic that probably just goes over top of the old trim and “spoiler” to smooth it out and give the window a sealing (and probably latching) surface. Makes the whole tailgate an inch taller at least. Not too convenient for loading and unloading.

I’m thinking the days of these toppers are numbered with everything getting more and more complex on these trucks. Not that the TB has one, no way a rearview mirror camera would work around it, and a power tailgate probably wouldn’t either. GMCs would be even harder with the multi-pro. I say good riddance, but I know some guys still need these ugly things. 

Well two kids and two dogs means a truck cap for me until the cows come home. My leer dealer did mention something about the gmc cap wasn't available because of the multi pro tailgate design. It also looks like the roof of the T1 is rounded which doesn't make for a nice clean flat roof line transition to the cap like on the K2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am picking up my new trail boss tomorrow. I got summit white because my last truck it seems like an easy color for leer to match. My current 16 100xl is spot on the color in all lighting.

My local guy that has always been the cheapest and best installer said $1999 plus tax including install for a 100xl with a leer coupon for a free upgrade to a removable front slider window or $50 off. I called a couple other local places and they wanted $2200 to $2300.

Of note if you are considering a cap/topper leer has a great pug and play t connector for the wiring that does not require the installer to splice any wires or install a ground wire. So take that into consideration.

My father has a ranch cap on his 16 and his is a mess of spliced wires and he has had his cap replaced twice in 2 years for paint issues and leaking windows.

I'll be ordering my leer 100xl on Saturday.

• Like 1

First Post! Just traded the F150. Also looking at the Leer 100xl. Mine has the push button tailgate release, anyone know if it will still drop with a cap/topper on?
I don't see how it could as the glass door overlaps the top edge of the tailgate.

17 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I don't see how it could as the glass door overlaps the top edge of the tailgate.

Thanks, figured as much from the pics. Sure would be nice if it also unlocked the glass and they'd both opened...  Thanks for the pics btw, much better than the Leer website.

Edited by ChuckZ71