2019 Camper Shell Cap Pictures

I love this topic.  Much love for a cap, but I can't have one for the work I do.  I am however disappointed in  the designs available for this truck.  The rear of the cap should mimic the rear of the cab more.  More vertical and a spoiler built in. 

• Like 1

I emailed Leer about when a cap would be available for a 2020 2500HD standard bed and never got a reply. I just checked the A.R.E. website and was able to do a build up for a cap for my crew cab with a 82.2 inch truck bed. I should get a quote, even though I'm afraid to hear the price HAHA. Right now I have a tri-fold tonneau cover that I added a rubber strip on the front to seal it up.

Just went back to the A.R.E. website and the 2019 1500 has a bed length of 79.4 inches.

Edited by SkidooSteve12
Added 1500 bed length

How much more expensive is ARE then Leer? I have had a Leer 100R on my Tacoma for 11 years now and never had a problem, and that with regularly hauling kayaks on top. 

I am not a beg fan of the little indent for the third brake light, but I guess there is no way around it.
Looking on the Leer website it claims that for the Sierra with or without the Multi-Pro Tailgate the following WILL fit:
- 100XR
- 100XL

and for the Silverado the following will fit:
- 100XR
- 100XL
-100XQ
-100R

I am looking for a new truck and if there IS no cap available for the Sierra Mulit-Pro that is definitely a deal breaker for me. 

Also, can anyone confirm about the excessive wind noise?
In regards to the wind noise, I still have it after removing cap. I think it is the issue with the fuel filler line making a whistling in the wind. I don't think it was the truck cap as I originally thought. Still not happy with the fit and finish or paint match on the leer. They do have three factories so each one may have a slightly different fiberglass mold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have an ARE on order the mx mid high .  I ordered it a month ago , the ARE was the only manufacture that had caps available for the multipro tailgate at that time . The cap dealer told me about 2 months , leer did not have anything available at the time I placed my order

5 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

In regards to the wind noise, I still have it after removing cap. I think it is the issue with the fuel filler line making a whistling in the wind. I don't think it was the truck cap as I originally thought. Still not happy with the fit and finish or paint match on the leer. They do have three factories so each one may have a slightly different fiberglass mold.

thanks man, I appreciate the feedback!

thanks man, I appreciate the feedback!
I believe the cap still did make some noise though but wasn't the only culprit. For whatever reason mine stuck up an inch or so higher than others so it was probably funneling so air behind the rear window. If you can afford it, check out the ARE. I like their design for the third brake light better. If money is a primary factor go leer, but call around. I paid $1850 for a 100 xl, but had some places quote $2200 for the same cap.

I also e-mailed Leer about a building a cap that would allow the tailgate to open and close without the back glass being open, and I also never got a response.  Apparently Leer doesn't feel it's important to respond to potential customers.  But all the current designs show the back glass having a lip that extends downward over the tailgate, which means there is no way to open the tailgate without first opening the back glass.  Which is a shame, as a lot of times opening just the tailgate is all I really need.

I do have a Leer 100XR on my 2016 LTZ and I've never had any problems with it. 

16 hours ago, classic-olds said:

I have an ARE on order the mx mid high .  I ordered it a month ago , the ARE was the only manufacture that had caps available for the multipro tailgate at that time . The cap dealer told me about 2 months , leer did not have anything available at the time I placed my order

Would love to see images when you get this in.  I haven't found anyone with an MX height on the new body style yet and curious how it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone with a soft topper or similar product on a '19-20 yet?

I'm really on the fence. Just curious how a black vs grey would look on my silver trail boss.

Image result for soft topper 2019 silverado

its about $500+ for a decent tonneau cover, and the soft topper is only $750...

They have a "tent/camper" addon as well. Curious if they can be added after initial purchase.

My ARE order took 2 months. Went to have it installed last week and the color was off!! They had to send my gas cover to ARE to match. Right now Im driving a brand new truck without a gas cover. Looks ridiculous. It *ucked up a lot of plans this fall too!

On 10/30/2019 at 3:24 PM, Minnvmax said:

My ARE order took 2 months. Went to have it installed last week and the color was off!! They had to send my gas cover to ARE to match. Right now Im driving a brand new truck without a gas cover. Looks ridiculous. It *ucked up a lot of plans this fall too!

ugh, I ordered an ARE last week. I am reading more and more horror stories with ordering caps (regardless of brand). Not going to lie, it has me a little nervou. It supposed to get here in 6-8 weeks, until then I will feel like I am driving around in a rental until I get all moved in!

Anyone have any pictures of an AT4 with a cap?

• 2 weeks later...