2019 Sierra Denali Bricked Head Unit After Update

Has anyone heard of this?  My dad's brand new 2019 Denali said it needed to update the infotainment unit, so he hit the "Accept" button and then turned off the truck.  After returning a couple hours later, he started up the truck and the main screen was black.  Nothing could get it to come back on.  So he brought it to the dealer and they couldn't fix it either.  They tried to place an order for an entire new head unit but apparently GM doesn't have them available for purchase yet since they're all being used for new trucks.  So he's more than two weeks without his brand new truck waiting on a part that has no ETA.

Anyone have a similar situation or have any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, BigBadSierra said:

Rule number one with updates The vehicle must remain running.

nope...it told me to accept and shut off the truck if I wanted to while it updates.  went back after an hour...all was great. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, Lateral G said:

Has anyone heard of this?  My dad's brand new 2019 Denali said it needed to update the infotainment unit, so he hit the "Accept" button and then turned off the truck.  After returning a couple hours later, he started up the truck and the main screen was black.  Nothing could get it to come back on.  So he brought it to the dealer and they couldn't fix it either.  They tried to place an order for an entire new head unit but apparently GM doesn't have them available for purchase yet since they're all being used for new trucks.  So he's more than two weeks without his brand new truck waiting on a part that has no ETA.

Anyone have a similar situation or have any thoughts?

Call Chevrolet Customer Care and tell them about your problem. Also talk to the dealership, ask them to pull the same unit out of another truck and install in yours. Also ask if the GM Regional Rep

will visit the dealership at any time so you can talk to him. Send an email to the CEO of GM Mary Barra if all else fails explaining your dissatisfaction with the repair process.

Per Amprg, I have to add "You forgot to mention court lawsuit and jump off of the cliff with the car after, lol"

Edited by Rocz3cqg

8 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

Call Chevrolet Customer Care and tell them about your problem. Also talk to the dealership, ask them to pull the same unit out of another truck and install in yours. Also ask if the GM Regional Rep

will visit the dealership at any time so you can talk to him. Send an email to the CEO of GM Mary Barra if all else fails explaining your dissatisfaction with the repair process.

You forgot to mention court lawsuit and jump off of the cliff with the car after, lol ?