2019 Trail Boss LT brake noise

On 2/11/2019 at 1:48 PM, Booger T said:

Thanks for the response, I may have dealer talked into replacing the caliper next to see if that fixes it.

Booger T I see you posted this back in February. Are you still having this issue? What was the fix if the problems gone? 

5 hours ago, Eds240z06 said:

Booger T I see you posted this back in February. Are you still having this issue? What was the fix if the problems gone? 

Yes the problem still exists. In fact it has gotten much worse. Mainly does it first thing in the morning when backing out of garage. Also does it when first going forward after reverse. Does it at all temps but definitely worse when cold. I am done with this truck, new one was built this week and is in transit on a train somewhere. Should get it in a couple more weeks. I think my dealer is still waiting on GM to say there is a problem and what the fix is. In all fairness to dealer they did replace both rear rotors, calipers and brake pads to no avail.

20 minutes ago, Booger T said:

Yes the problem still exists. In fact it has gotten much worse. Mainly does it first thing in the morning when backing out of garage. Also does it when first going forward after reverse. Does it at all temps but definitely worse when cold. I am done with this truck, new one was built this week and is in transit on a train somewhere. Should get it in a couple more weeks. I think my dealer is still waiting on GM to say there is a problem and what the fix is. In all fairness to dealer they did replace both rear rotors, calipers and brake pads to no avail.

Thanks for the reply but not what I wanted to hear. Good luck with the new truck!

Hopefully I won't get another one with the same problem. I've owned 15 new GM trucks over the years and have never had one make this kind of noise. A small squeak or squawk here and there can be expected but the wounded elephant sound is just too much to put up with day in and day out. I was wanting the new 3.0 diesel  any way so this was a good reason to get rid of it. Don't know what dealer plans on doing with it. Don't really care.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:28 PM, Booger T said:

HI, am having issues with one of  the brakes on my TB dragging/squalling. Took to dealer and they determined it was the left rear making the noise, said that there was dust on rotors/pads. They decided to change pads on back brakes as a place to start. Had them done last Thursday. Still making noise, the colder it is the louder the noise. When first starting out from setting for a short period of time if you apply slight pressure to brakes it makes it all the time. Starting to get really annoying when I take off from stop sign or parking lot and my new truck makes a god awful noise and everyone turns and stares to see where it is coming from. Called dealer the day after they replaced pads and they basically said that they were waiting on someone else having the same problem and maybe GM would issue a bulletin  on what the fix is. I'm leaning toward a problem with the calipers or rotor but haven't got dealer convinced of that yet. Anyone else having any such problem?

Yup. Same problem. Could just be a little rust from moisture though. It goes away after a minute of driving. Gonna get an oil change soon. Gonna ask the service department about it. But yeah it is annoying as hell especially early on the morning when neighbors might still be sleeping.

Edited by Jaime Datuin

23 hours ago, econometrics said:

What a crock. All vehicles do that, my tuchus. I'm sure the rep at the dealer would be okay if their brand new vehicle did that? No way. Also, why does only ONE of my brake stations do this, and not all of them? Faulty/crappy pads, that's why (IMO). 

My truck is going to the dealer tomorrow for a host of repairs, this being one of them. If they feed me this line, I'm going to tell them to put some upgraded pads on the rear brakes and then tell me they "all do that". 

Any updates?

22 minutes ago, Jack Christensen said:

Any updates?

Went in for my scheduled appointment, but apparently the dealer did not have it confirmed. They didn't have any loaners available, so I'm going back next week. The main thing I'm going in for is the dreaded rear window leak, so I'm not in too much of a rush to get that process going. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:15 AM, Jaime Datuin said:

Yup. Same problem. Could just be a little rust from moisture though. It goes away after a minute of driving. Gonna get an oil change soon. Gonna ask the service department about it. But yeah it is annoying as hell especially early on the morning when neighbors might still be sleeping.

Edited December 20 by Jaime Datuin

I don't believe that mine has anything to do with moisture and rust. I can drive to town and pull into a parking area and leave in 10 minutes and it still will make some noise.

I had them look at my rear brakes a few days ago when I was in for the rear window leak.

They fed me the line we’re all hearing here... “no visible signs of anything wrong after inspecting it, and could not replicate it. Be on your merry way, please, sir.” 

?

I thought about lubing my disc, but I heard that is not too smart. [emoji851]

Interesting advices, though. [emoji1360]

In the case of the Mazda it boiled down to one idiot on the assembly line who just didn’t care about his job. All of the cars off the line for almost a year had no caliper pin lube and created a big headache for Mazda. It happens.
  • Like 1

My 2020 High Country with 1400 miles on it has just started doing same thing, loud squeak backing out of the garage,.  Last week it was only backing up that made it squeak, now it’s doing it in drive as well.  Seems to go away after some driving,  but it’s painfully loud sometimes in parking garages etc.   turns heads for sure, going to the dealer next week to see what they can do.  Weak sauce if this was a problem that started in 2019 models, not to have a fix.