Traded my GMC for a Toyota

Mikeb52r

Well guys, traded my 16 All-Terrain for a 17 Toyota Tacoma. I’ve been wanting to get into something smaller and really liked the look of the Tacoma’s. Ran across this and ended up getting it with them paying me to take it. I don’t think I got hurt to bad on the deal. Loaded with options that I wanted and missing some I’ve grown accustomed too like remote start. But the main thing is I’m happy. 

Now i I have to go and join their forums but I’ll still check in from time to time!

786F89F0-05F1-442F-869A-699FDC66C55C.jpeg

• Like 3

Well guys, traded my 16 All-Terrain for a 17 Toyota Tacoma. I’ve been wanting to get into something smaller and really liked the look of the Tacoma’s. Ran across this and ended up getting it with them paying me to take it. I don’t think I got hurt to bad on the deal. Loaded with options that I wanted and missing some I’ve grown accustomed too like remote start. But the main thing is I’m happy. 

Now i I have to go and join their forums but I’ll still check in from time to time!
786F89F0-05F1-442F-869A-699FDC66C55C.thumb.jpeg.03ba5239c1c082ec13876ef1d11c083a.jpeg

Car and Drivers only complaint with these trucks was the ride. Coming your GM to the Toyota how’s the ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like previously mentioned, as long as it makes you happy! I looked at the Taco and drove it too. It seemed to me that the transmission and engine just were not on the same page. Now don't take that wrong, it just wasn't as connected as my co-workers 2012 Taco. You can't go wrong with a Toy and I too like the color. FWIW...a better choice (IMHO) than a Canyon or Colorado but then I haven't driven a newer one, the older ones were rattle cans.

• Like 1

Like previously mentioned, as long as it makes you happy! I looked at the Taco and drove it too. It seemed to me that the transmission and engine just were not on the same page. Now don't take that wrong, it just wasn't as connected as my co-workers 2012 Taco. You can't go wrong with a Toy and I too like the color. FWIW...a better choice (IMHO) than a Canyon or Colorado but then I haven't driven a newer one, the older ones were rattle cans.
I had a canyon as a loaner for a week, no bueno.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have a tacoma at work. I don't even know what year it is, I'm guessing around '14.

But when you want to pass someone, that little 4 banger really has to wind up to get any momentum going. Other than the lack of power, it rides ok for a little truck I guess. No way I would trade my current ride for one of those, even if they paid me.

• Like 2

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT put the Toyota factory remote start in it. 

Bought the wife a 2016 Highlander Limited Platinum (that did NOT come with factory remote start standard - shockingly!) - so we had the dealer install the Toyota remote start before we even picked it up. 

In short - it SUCKS.  Only works from maybe 60 feet away tops.  She can't even use it from her desk at work which is only maybe 100 feet away (my Denali works thru all the walls at my office - which is brick - and probably over 100 feet away for comparison).  She literally had to get up - put on the protective stuff to walk through the production area - go to the back door and stand there pointing her fob at the darn thing 60 feet away hoping it starts.  She eventually gave up even bothering to use it because it's such a hassle to get to a line of sight area at her work.

Edited by BillK01

Good deal. They have a huge following. Both my sons have them (13 and 14) as does a close friend of mine. The friend's is a 17 but isn't the TRD Sport. He comes off a 2010 Taco so long time user. His biggest gripe is that disconnect between the engine and trans as mentioned above but he has adjusted and loves it. 

Good luck and enjoy the "Taco World" Forum.

298a564b27d07d28fe4c4197820a3ef6.jpg

11 hours ago, swathdiver said:

A Canyon or a '67 C-10 didn't strike your fancy?

Oh I loved my 67 C10, but lost the engine in it and wasn’t feasible at the time to keep it with a pregnant wife and 1 year old and PCSing to a new duty station in the military. Just never liked the looks of the Colorado or Canyon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Car and Drivers only complaint with these trucks was the ride. Coming your GM to the Toyota how’s the ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ride is good, softer than the Z71 suspension. Wife really likes it.

• Like 1