Mikeb52r

Traded my GMC for a Toyota

At least you didn't buy a RAM Mike! :thumbs:

On 2/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, aseibel said:

We have a tacoma at work. I don't even know what year it is, I'm guessing around '14.

But when you want to pass someone, that little 4 banger really has to wind up to get any momentum going. Other than the lack of power, it rides ok for a little truck I guess. No way I would trade my current ride for one of those, even if they paid me.

Yeah, probably a work truck trim too? Not a good comparison. Every 4 cylinder truck is slow, so sick of getting behind old rangers on the highway, poor things can't get out of their own way. He has the V6 which is obvious from the picture and even with a 5.3l GM truck in a straight line. The crazy part is in another year it will be worth more than his GMC would have been. The out of warranty resale value on Tacoma's is absurd.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Personally, not for me.

:)

We had 3 little Toyota trucks in the mid eighties. We loaded them up with a 50 gal fuel tank, tool boxes, air compressor and tools. Beat them up and down pipelines ROWs. They were very reliable. We gradually started buying diesel trucks and use them around our shop. They became back up vehicles for workers family members, teenagers first vehicle. One got wrecked, one given away, the last one got traded in. All we’re bumping or over 300K miles. One had a timing chain, one you had to hold in 5Th gear. One we had to weld the frame by the trailer hitch from pulling a heavy trailer. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk