Traded my GMC for a Toyota

Mikeb52r

On 2/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, aseibel said:

We have a tacoma at work. I don't even know what year it is, I'm guessing around '14.

But when you want to pass someone, that little 4 banger really has to wind up to get any momentum going. Other than the lack of power, it rides ok for a little truck I guess. No way I would trade my current ride for one of those, even if they paid me.

Yeah, probably a work truck trim too? Not a good comparison. Every 4 cylinder truck is slow, so sick of getting behind old rangers on the highway, poor things can't get out of their own way. He has the V6 which is obvious from the picture and even with a 5.3l GM truck in a straight line. The crazy part is in another year it will be worth more than his GMC would have been. The out of warranty resale value on Tacoma's is absurd.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

We had 3 little Toyota trucks in the mid eighties. We loaded them up with a 50 gal fuel tank, tool boxes, air compressor and tools. Beat them up and down pipelines ROWs. They were very reliable. We gradually started buying diesel trucks and use them around our shop. They became back up vehicles for workers family members, teenagers first vehicle. One got wrecked, one given away, the last one got traded in. All we’re bumping or over 300K miles. One had a timing chain, one you had to hold in 5Th gear. One we had to weld the frame by the trailer hitch from pulling a heavy trailer. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 7:04 AM, KARNUT said:

We had 3 little Toyota trucks in the mid eighties. We loaded them up with a 50 gal fuel tank, tool boxes, air compressor and tools. Beat them up and down pipelines ROWs. They were very reliable. We gradually started buying diesel trucks and use them around our shop. They became back up vehicles for workers family members, teenagers first vehicle. One got wrecked, one given away, the last one got traded in. All we’re bumping or over 300K miles. One had a timing chain, one you had to hold in 5Th gear. One we had to weld the frame by the trailer hitch from pulling a heavy trailer. That’s it.

they built good trucks back then, no doubt about it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 06/02/2019 at 9:41 PM, Mikeb52r said:

Well guys, traded my 16 All-Terrain for a 17 Toyota Tacoma. I’ve been wanting to get into something smaller and really liked the look of the Tacoma’s. Ran across this and ended up getting it with them paying me to take it. I don’t think I got hurt to bad on the deal. Loaded with options that I wanted and missing some I’ve grown accustomed too like remote start. But the main thing is I’m happy. 

Now i I have to go and join their forums but I’ll still check in from time to time!

On 07/02/2019 at 6:31 AM, KARNUT said:

Car and Drivers only complaint with these trucks was the ride. Coming your GM to the Toyota how’s the ride?

Nice truck! 

My only complaint with the ones we have at work is the low seating position/ tiny interior but I've never taken one off our site or above 20 km/hr. Also, I wish you could get the manual transmission in a double cab long box but, since no one else offers that, it's not a deal breaker. 

• Like 1

Good luck! We gave up our Silverado for a Colorado about a year ago and just couldn't get used to it, wound up back in the exact same Silverado less than 2 months later... The big deal breaker on the Colorado for me was the seats didn't fit me at all and my legs would go numb after about 30 minutes of driving.. I couldn't understand why they didn't put a full adjustable seat in Colorado & Canyon...

The Tacoma is certainly the legend in the segment, hope it lives up to it's hype for you!  As for the remote start; get a VIPER with 2 way communication, the OEM remote start is lacking even on the GM products...

Congrats Mikeb52r.

Now a word of advice young buck. Look in your childs medical record at the military hospital and check the blood type.

17 yrs in DoD...not one military doctor told me the daughter had B type blood. I had A. Mother had O. Somebody else donated the B antigens for the daughter.

Wife kept her little secret until the kid was 13 and I had her tested. 

Life in the military bud. Navy 7th Fleet got both wives. They kept one. She sells the plants at the Navy NEX 2 on Guam. Buy some plants...help support the kids that aint mine.

20 hours ago, Paintor said:

Congrats Mikeb52r.

Now a word of advice young buck. Look in your childs medical record at the military hospital and check the blood type.

17 yrs in DoD...not one military doctor told me the daughter had B type blood. I had A. Mother had O. Somebody else donated the B antigens for the daughter.

Wife kept her little secret until the kid was 13 and I had her tested. 

Life in the military bud. Navy 7th Fleet got both wives. They kept one. She sells the plants at the Navy NEX 2 on Guam. Buy some plants...help support the kids that aint mine.

giphy.gif