Gorehamj

1,000 HP Supercharged Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon Offered From A Name You May Remember

slp tahoe.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
2-7-2019

Specialty Vehicle Engineering, Inc. (formerly SLP) has announced its newest vehicles, 1,000 hp versions of the Chevy Tahoe, Chevy Suburban, and the GMC Yukon SUVs. You may remember Specialty Vehicle Engineering, Inc. (formerly SLP) as the manufacturer who created the Firehawk back in the day.

slp curve.png

The company's latest creations are the all-new and incredibly fast, 2019 High Output, Stage 2 Tahoe, Suburban and Yukon powered by a custom 416 C.I.D. (6.8L) supercharged LT-1-based engine. The powerplant delivers 1000 horsepower and 875 lb.-ft of torque, and features a blueprinted LT-1 Aluminum block, Race-Quality computer-balanced rotating assembly including forged 4340 steel crankshaft and forged steel H-Beam rods, forged aluminum pistons, CNC ported high-flow LT4 cylinder heads, custom supercharger, and 8 Rib Belt Drive System.

The vehicle comes with a 3 Year/36,000 Mile Engine and Supercharger Assembly Limited Warranty. A Heavy-Duty transmission upgrade is standard on the Stage 2 1000HP package and includes a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.

slp engine.png
About Specialty Vehicle Engineering, Inc.
For more than 25 years, Specialty Vehicle Engineering has been a Second Stage Vehicle Manufacturer and Tier One Supplier to GM and its dealers, having built over 65,000 cars, trucks, and SUV specialty vehicles; making it the #1 GM Specialty Vehicle Manufacturer in the USA. The company was chosen as the exclusive builder of the current generation Yenko Supercars.

Lord oh....MIGHTY!  Folks, have your cake too!  Hope they upped the brakes on this thing?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Lord oh....MIGHTY!  Folks, have your cake too!  Hope they upped the brakes on this thing?

Bigger gas tank too I hope. :rolleyes:

PRETTY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This Suburban checks most of the boxes for a second vehicle when I win the $Million +  lottery!  I imagine the check engine light would be activate by this mod...  ;-)

Most of us can't afford a regular Yukon/Tahoe lol. A pretty awesome piece of kit though for sure. It probably has enough power to even surprise some C7 Z06 owners from a stop light in 4x4. I would assume it also has a built trans, axles, brakes, all the goodies. A SLT Yukon is about $85K in Canada, this would put you in the $115,000 ballpark? 

20 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Most of us can't afford a regular Yukon/Tahoe lol. A pretty awesome piece of kit though for sure. It probably has enough power to even surprise some C7 Z06 owners from a stop light in 4x4. I would assume it also has a built trans, axles, brakes, all the goodies. A SLT Yukon is about $85K in Canada, this would put you in the $115,000 ballpark? 

My guess is $125,000 in USD

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

You know GM will jack the price way up and as you said, most can't afford a regular one. So they will price it for huge profit because those who can and want something like that usually have deep pockets and don't care...sad but true.

Information on the G8 Firehawk: The basic kit starts at $18,995 on top of price of G8 GT and if you want some serious stopping power to go with the engine mods you will have to shell out another $4,995 on top of that for SLP’s Competition Brake Package. So 10 years ago it cost $23,980.00 on a G8.....so I'll stick to my guess :(

Edited by SS502

5 minutes ago, SS502 said:

You know GM will jack the price way up and as you said, most can't afford a regular one. So they will price it for huge profit because those who can and want something like that usually have deep pockets and don't care...sad but true.

Now that I think about it, it should cost considerably more than a Caddy Escalade given the work that was done. Brakes, trans, complete forged 416 build (minus your core engine), a massive roots blower probably much larger than 2.3L. 

I guess I cant complain too hard, Ford wants $100,000 for a Harley Davidson F150 here which is essentially a re-badged F150 Lariat with a tonneau cover and no performance parts. 

• Thanks 1

Chart says 810HP not 1000. BIG difference when you start talking that sort of money. For the "standard" version I'd go with the $125K rangs. But for one loaded properly with brakes and suspension to handle that I'd put it around $145K or so.

In 1997 the SLP camaro was $40K and over depending on dealer add ons. That was when a regular off the lot camaro z28 was around $20K .

3 hours ago, richamor said:

Chart says 810HP not 1000. BIG difference when you start talking that sort of money. For the "standard" version I'd go with the $125K rangs. But for one loaded properly with brakes and suspension to handle that I'd put it around $145K or so.

In 1997 the SLP camaro was $40K and over depending on dealer add ons. That was when a regular off the lot camaro z28 was around $20K .

Not only that, look at what it says the factory engine makes. Uhhh...495HP....

Sketchy stuff

Edited by SnakeEyeSS