Tire Wear Cause?

Any idea what would cause wear on these tires like this?  It is only doing it on outside edge on all of them.  Tires have been rotated every 6 months.  I am thinking that the alignment was not done right from the beginning.  I have a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT, level on front, tires are Nitto Terra Grappler 275/60R20.  I only have 30K miles on these tires.  I am planning on putting new tires on and going with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers instead. Thoughts?

gmc1.jpg

49 minutes ago, daveh2178 said:

I have ... level on front

definitely need an alignment any time you change the suspension. Maybe you have corrected it since the original damage occurred, but if you're going to drop $1,000 on new rubber, probly worth the $150 to get the alignment re-done as well.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, aseibel said:

definitely need an alignment any time you change the suspension. Maybe you have corrected it since the original damage occurred, but if you're going to drop $1,000 on new rubber, probly worth the $150 to get the alignment re-done as well.

When I originally had the Nittos and level put on, I had them align it as well.  I am thinking that it was possibly not done right from the get.

1 minute ago, daveh2178 said:

I am thinking that it was possibly not done right from the get.

it could have been done poorly, or you hit a curb or something and knocked it out of whack. who knows. The key is now you need it done again if you want your new tires to last.

Just now, aseibel said:

it could have been done poorly, or you hit a curb or something and knocked it out of whack. who knows. The key is now you need it done again if you want your new tires to last.

I hear ya, I am putting new tires on next month and plan on getting aligned when I do. Not at same place though, haha

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeePa said:

My tires on my 17 were fine until I had the dealer align it after I put bilsteins on the front at max height. 

Cupped one front tire quickly afterwards. 

Whenever getting an alignment, get a pre and post alignment report. 

Last place i went to gave one and will def make sure that happens again

At what mileage are the tires rotated?  I see you state every 6 months (twice a year), but if that is all you do (assuming you put more than 12,000 miles/year)...That would contribute to your wear issue. 

With 30,000 miles on those, you should have 6-7 rotations on those so far. 

It looks like the tires are toed in. Toe out will cause the inner edges to wear. When these trucks are leveled, the front tires toe in. You can quickly check the toe with a tape measure to see if it’s grossly out. 

31 minutes ago, HoosierZ said:

It looks like the tires are toed in. Toe out will cause the inner edges to wear. When these trucks are leveled, the front tires toe in. You can quickly check the toe with a tape measure to see if it’s grossly out. 

How would I go about doing this? measuring from what point? Thx