Bilstein vs. Eibach- Who is the Winner ??

12 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

I ordered them thru Essex Distributing in BC (essexpartscanada.com).. shipping is free and they are authorized Canadian dealer for both Bilstein (separate website) and Eibach so no issues for warranty claims.. Eibach are limited lifetime as well.

Nice, Thats who I got my 4600 for my old Silverado through. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Mozzer said:

Did you order the 'Pro truck lift system'?
They list the separate springs as +2.5" but the shocks as adjustable 0 - 2" lift (assuming that is based on stud gm spring).

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Yes I ordered the set without the springs .. I didn't want to go up the full 2.5" with the springs.. I'm planning on installing them at 3rd setting but I have the option to add the springs later if I ever want more lift. There was only $50 difference if I got the set with the springs now vs buying the springs later

5 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

Yes I ordered the set without the springs .. I didn't want to go up the full 2.5" with the springs.. I'm planning on installing them at 3rd setting but I have the option to add the springs later if I ever want more lift. There was only $50 difference if I got the set with the springs now vs buying the springs later

Likewise 

I just changed out my Bilstein 5100's at the lowest setting with a Zone 2" Level kit for the Eibach Pro Truck Lift 2.5" Kit this weekend.  I was hoping the new kit would take away some of the harshness of the down bumps and it does although I will say the ride is firm.  Not a bad firm though. 

I had 4 years on the Bilsteins and always thought the spacer on the bottom was adding to the harshness on bumps and dips.  I figured I'd go with the Eibachs over the Rancho RS9000 series after reading mixed reviews about quality issues.   The springs on the Eibachs are beefier than the stock.  Not sure about the spring rate.  I'm hoping they settle in a little bit with some miles but overall, I'm satisfied.  I never tried the Bilsteins on the top setting so so I can't compare the ride to that.  But you get 2.5" vs. 1.85" of lift.

20190209_153527.jpg

20190209_153623.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

.. half way there! .. got the rears switched over today.. still too hard on my back crawling under the truck so I'll be getting the dealership to install the fronts.. but I drove the truck about 200km with just the rears and it's already a huge improvement.. not nearly the roller coaster ride I normally expect!:D.

The Eibachs are just slightly longer than the Ranchos when extended side by side.

I couldn't find clear direction on which orientation to install these - boot up or down - so I followed Waterfowlers video and installed them boot down. Torque to 85lbs

large.20190221_125348.jpg.b1d818386fcec76c437cddcbce018903.jpglarge.20190221_140338.jpg.c0fe6ef3e4d08b01337267058a054287.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Look at those junk Ranchos! Good Riddance.

Welcome to the Goodbye Rancho club STRMTRPR !  :thumbs:

lol.. ya I knew going in that I'd probably end up changing them when I bought the truck.. I had Ranchos on my old Jeep and wasn't happy with those at all.. but I did stick with them for 9000km (5600mi) just to give em a chance.

lol.. ya I knew going in that I'd probably end up changing them when I bought the truck.. I had Ranchos on my old Jeep and wasn't happy with those at all.. but I did stick with them for 9000km (5600mi) just to give em a chance.

I tried giving my old ranchos with only 2k miles on them to my yard guy with an older junkier Chevy but he refused them, I asked him why, they’re free and his response was priceless “cause ranchos suck!” Lmao

Sent from above

I tried giving my old ranchos with only 2k miles on them to my yard guy with an older junkier Chevy but he refused them, I asked him why, they’re free and his response was priceless “cause ranchos suck!” Lmao 

Sent from above

I had rancho 7000mt’s in my f150 with bfg rugged terrains, going over railroad tracks is a good way to fuse your entire spine together. Way too stiff.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

I had a level and then went to the eibach pro truck with the coil springs. Had the 5100's on my 08 sierra so I have some experience with that as well. Pretty much Eibach>5100's>level kit. The eibachs are very similar to the 5100's but everything is better with the replacement coils. From what I understand if you want a cloud like ride go with fox, icon, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 7:17 PM, Threerun said:

Can’t attest to Eibachs but I have 50,000 miles on my Bilstein 5100’s on my 2016 LTZ and they’ve been fantastic. 

I had Bilstein 6112’s on my old Taco and loved, loved, loved them! 

Im chomping at the bit waiting for 6112’s for my 1500...

AMAZING NEWS from BILSTEIN!!!

We have 130 sets of the new 6112 for the 14-18 Silverado and Sierra READY TO SHIP!! These will sell out by Saturday and be on backorder again for months! Dont miss out!

GM-Trucks Members get yours here - http://battlebornoffroad.net/bilstein-new-products/bilstein-6112/47273702/i-7531506.aspx