4weight

Bilstein vs. Eibach- Who is the Winner ??

12 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

I ordered them thru Essex Distributing in BC (essexpartscanada.com).. shipping is free and they are authorized Canadian dealer for both Bilstein (separate website) and Eibach so no issues for warranty claims.. Eibach are limited lifetime as well.

Nice, Thats who I got my 4600 for my old Silverado through. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Mozzer said:

Did you order the 'Pro truck lift system'?
They list the separate springs as +2.5" but the shocks as adjustable 0 - 2" lift (assuming that is based on stud gm spring).

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Yes I ordered the set without the springs .. I didn't want to go up the full 2.5" with the springs.. I'm planning on installing them at 3rd setting but I have the option to add the springs later if I ever want more lift. There was only $50 difference if I got the set with the springs now vs buying the springs later

Gotcha, looking forward to your opinion after installation.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

Yes I ordered the set without the springs .. I didn't want to go up the full 2.5" with the springs.. I'm planning on installing them at 3rd setting but I have the option to add the springs later if I ever want more lift. There was only $50 difference if I got the set with the springs now vs buying the springs later

Likewise 

I just changed out my Bilstein 5100's at the lowest setting with a Zone 2" Level kit for the Eibach Pro Truck Lift 2.5" Kit this weekend.  I was hoping the new kit would take away some of the harshness of the down bumps and it does although I will say the ride is firm.  Not a bad firm though. 

I had 4 years on the Bilsteins and always thought the spacer on the bottom was adding to the harshness on bumps and dips.  I figured I'd go with the Eibachs over the Rancho RS9000 series after reading mixed reviews about quality issues.   The springs on the Eibachs are beefier than the stock.  Not sure about the spring rate.  I'm hoping they settle in a little bit with some miles but overall, I'm satisfied.  I never tried the Bilsteins on the top setting so so I can't compare the ride to that.  But you get 2.5" vs. 1.85" of lift.

20190209_153527.jpg

20190209_153623.jpg

I don't plan on leveling or lifting. Don't see a stock height option with the eibachs with springs. Or maybe Im missing something?