18 Denali Ultimate

DeePa

25 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

You only live once .

You said you can afford it and it's a write off. Get your ass over there this morning and buy it before it's gone.

No brainier.

I missed that part! Yes, yes go get it before it's gone.

Thanks everyone.

There's just a lot to look at...heading there tomorrow AM and I have test driven the truck once before.

There's a 1k rebate from GM financial - but I don't know their APR...my bank will give me 3.75 for 6 years...but then I lose the 1k.

If they go op on my trade and drop on the price, I'll probably sign.  I'm shooting for a 34 k loan and paying taxes at the time of the sale.  If I can get close to that, then so be it.

I'll have some of my extended warranty from my 17 refunded, and tax returns will be coming in within 6 weeks after I finally get all of my paperwork in order.  I am pretty financially sound and my only debts are my house, (own almost half) and my current truck, but I'm going from a truck I owe 21k on, to a 34k loan, with around 10k out of pocket in the process...Hence that 25k number which was mentioned earlier was spot on as it could very well be that amount.

Benefits are new truck, 0 miles, don't have to do tires, brakes, etc.  I can honestly say I do not love the truck I'm in now...why exactly, i'm not sure.  Maybe its the 6 speed chuggle, maybe its the color (crimson red)...maybe it's lack of center console...I don't know.  I don't even know if this truck will cure it.  Is all this worth the 6 speed, console, new tires, nicer looking, more comfortable and comfort features?   I ref hockey, and none of that misc income is taxed on the way in.  I keep very detailed records about mileage, expenses, etc.  If it wasn't for the depreciation of vehicles, I'd definitely be paying the IRS each year.

Mike

9 hours ago, SS502 said:

By your own words, the stock 6.2 tune sucks...okay let’s agree on that! But what can you do to the 5.3 with a tune that you couldn’t apply to the 6.2? Let’s say you gain just a conservative 50hp and 50tq for $400 with the 5.3 (355hp/383tq stock) you now have 405hp and 433tq okay not bad so a little more tuning and you add 65hp and 65tq...now we’re talking! You’re at 420hp and 448tq...So you got to the stock 6.2hp (420) but still fell a tad short getting to the 460tq from that stock 6.2 with a factory tune that sucks right? Well, if I’m gonna spend money on a tune and want a real beast under the hood, give me the same 65hp and 65tq on the 6.2 with your non-sucking tune! That’ll give me 485hp and 525tq ? we aren’t even talking about E85 yet...so dollar for dollar spent on a tune, I’ll take the 6.2 please. I assume you have the 5.3 which is a great engine and not sure where you got the 25K price difference $2,495 on the 2018...still a chunk of change but it’s a strong engine that is already where a tuned 5.3 is trying to get to. Basically I’m saying anything you can do to the 5.3 you can do to the 6.2 the OP just needs to figure out if he wants it...if he doesn’t need or want it find a 5.3 both good engines...one just has more oomph Heck the Vette isn’t much more in stock form...not talking about the upper priced Vettes! You know those really stout ones most of us can’t afford ?

besides all that, the Denali Ultimate is quite the upgrade over his current trim package. I'd do it.

5 minutes ago, FHLH said:

besides all that, the Denali Ultimate is quite the upgrade over his current trim package. I'd do it.

True...I think with his current package you're right. He mentions not having the 6.2, needing/wanting the center console and has the 6 speed. Don't know how smart I was but I went for the SLT with most every option the Denali has without the problem prone magnaride system.

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

You only live once .

This is a true statement and should be used to make good decisions.  Poor financial decisions in your working years can /will shape your future.  Moving from a '17 to an'18 will put Op in significantly greater debt.  The savings in tires etc. is a small consolation when compared to a sizeable long term unsecured debt.   I appreciate the draw of a new truck and I have a history of using the "one life" excuse.  I suggest Op rekindle his appreciation for the truck he bought a year or two ago by splurging on new tires and necessary repairs.  The money he saves from buying a new truck at this time will last him a lifetime!

30 minutes ago, DeePa said:

There's a 1k rebate from GM financial - but I don't know their APR...my bank will give me 3.75 for 6 years...but then I lose the 1k.

The APR will suck BUT finance it though GM and before your first payment is due refinance through your bank. The financial department at the Stealership will tell you you have to wait x months (usually they seem to say 3) before you can refinance. That x months is what the stealership needs to collect their kickback from GM for securing your loan.

49 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

The APR will suck BUT finance it though GM and before your first payment is due refinance through your bank. The financial department at the Stealership will tell you you have to wait x months (usually they seem to say 3) before you can refinance. That x months is what the stealership needs to collect their kickback from GM for securing your loan.

Do this anytime I buy a big ticket item. Take the best offer you can get while on the showroom floor, then refi with your preferred institution before the first payment is due. I get the rates and service I like from my local credit union, and the rebates offered from the big manufacturers to get you in the door.

Most recently we bought my wife a new small SUV. Got over $7k off the sticker with incentives and rebates, two of which were tied to accepting the financing through Nissan. Read the fine print, had a 90 day from contract stipulation to keep the rebates.....refi'd on day 93 (90 was a Friday :D)

Just an update. 55k for the 2018, 31k for my trade.  Still 5k away from what I’d consider a great deal. Was shooting for 52k truck and 33k trade. Dealer said that was it for wiggle room. 

Too much...not gonna bite the bullet. 

I’ll get my 17 where I want it and I’ll have to run it into the ground.  

Thanks all. 

12 minutes ago, DeePa said:

Just an update. 55k for the 2018, 31k for my trade.  Still 5k away from what I’d consider a great deal. Was shooting for 52k truck and 33k trade. Dealer said that was it for wiggle room. 

Too much...not gonna bite the bullet. 

I’ll get my 17 where I want it and I’ll have to run it into the ground.  

Thanks all. 

Hold firm, if there is a deal to be made, they will be calling you. Wise man for walking, you still control this, 18's do them no good sitting on their lots.