AT4/SLT vs Denali Ride Qualtiy

Greetings, 

I have been searching for a while on here, and cannot seem to find a good comparison of ride quality between the AT4 vs. SLT vs. Denali. I am looking to purchase a 2019 Sierra in the coming 3-6 months. I have been looking for a truck for over a year, and have been all over the map....started with wanting sierra, then wanting a ford, then a ram, no I'm back on the sierra. I still have to go drive ford, but went to the local dealer the other day to drive...drove a RAM, and then at GMC they only had a denali to drive.....Gonna take a trip to some other dealers in the coming weeks and try out the some of the other trim levels, but just wanted to see if anybody on here had any thoughts or opinions regarding ride quality between SLT, AT4, and Denali? I love the look of the SLT, but like the stance of the At4....would love a denali, but I can spend 70 bones on a new truck. Waiting till I can get one for like 45ish. 

When I was test driving I was in both the SLT and Denali. I honestly couldn't tell much difference. I went with the Denali but if I had to pick I would say the SLT was a touch smoother, probably due to the 20" vs 22" wheels. I find this generation far superior to my 2008 and 2013 Denalis but muck closer to this last generation.

• Like 1

@Keta interesting to hear! Thanks for the feedback...The lot i was one had TONS of 18s, and they are doing deep discounts on those, but I just really like the 2019...Mainly for the larger rear seat, and multiple tailgate. It kills me how small the back seat is i noted 18s, and NO AIR VENTS. beyond me....but all reasons ill be pushing for a 2019 with the wifey. 

6 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

You can. Price is about $1300 just for the kit.

That does not include installation.

Found it...Installation includes re calibration of camera and electric power steering.....

640X640

Part No . 84629787 - Lift Suspension Upgrade System for 4WD Vehicles

Part Only Price : $1,295.00

Installed Price: $1,823.00

How do they ride? I am currently in a lifted jeep wrangler...thats my off road toy. I want a new truck for a nice daily driver. Dont plan on taking it hard core off roading, but will use it for hunting. Is there a massive difference in the SLT vs Denali ride? Only think I love about the denali is the HUD, and grille. I can add the grill myself for $900.00.....HUD, thats a different beast....I hope somebody figures out how to add this on. Otherwise, there is nothing special about the denali that I have to have....Cameras a nice, but its not a must....I really think with GMC your paying for the name, but I could be wrong. Have not driven on yet......SO SLT vs Denali ride difference? 

I don’t see there being an easy or reasonably priced way to add HUD after the fact, so if it’s a must, you might be better off stretching the budget now. The surround vision and camera mirror that come along with it in the tech package are very nice to have too. It also comes with the larger DIC in the cluster for the lower trims.

Unfortunately GMC doesn’t offer the tech package in the SLT, but you CAN get it in the AT4 (and the Silverado LTZ if you’re not hung up on the GMC). Either option will be a bit cheaper than the Denali with nearly equal equipment, but at this point, still over your 45k budget.

1 hour ago, gothp28 said:

I have driven them all. Denali has the best ride!
But I got a AT4 with the smaller rim rides real nice I would say better they slt models and lower. Maybe I'm just partial to it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did you get the Duratracs on the AT4?

Just the standard. Some say the Dura trac is a little louder. I personally do not like they at4 20" rims at all so I thought I would just buy my own rims in have pick of what I get. My plan is to buy 20th rims with 34" tires. Waiting for the weather to break.

I also opted not to have step bars. I installed amp running boards myself.
It took A-day to have it ceramic coated.
Next week of installing a denali grill. I will probly order rims and tires next month which will be the ridge grapplers on a 20in rim. 705e206d3a56728351063b14e9cc91ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@gothp28 thanks for the input! Maybe I will just have to drive them both side by side..... am tempted to possibly go the AT4 route, just so I can get HUD, and literally add exactly what your doing.....AMP side steps, and denali grill. Gonna add chrome to the mirrors? Keep us posted and let us know how it works out. 

8 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I don’t see there being an easy or reasonably priced way to add HUD after the fact, so if it’s a must, you might be better off stretching the budget now. The surround vision and camera mirror that come along with it in the tech package are very nice to have too. It also comes with the larger DIC in the cluster for the lower trims.

Unfortunately GMC doesn’t offer the tech package in the SLT, but you CAN get it in the AT4 (and the Silverado LTZ if you’re not hung up on the GMC). Either option will be a bit cheaper than the Denali with nearly equal equipment, but at this point, still over your 45k budget.

Kind of partial to the GMC...love the denali grill, and fell in love with the tailgate...silly i know.....Is the HUD only on the denali ultimate package?.......I get supplier pricing, but I have not ran the numbers to see how this will pan out. Typically its 15% off on top of whatever incentives they are doing.....Not talking numbers till I'm ready to buy.