Extended warranty

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

When it was explained to me it doubles your bumper to bumper so from 3yrs 36k to 6yrs 72k.  For the cost they wanted, $2,789 I didn't get it

Not entirely true, the 3/36 covers things like interior items like seat covers and dash or trim pieces, gm's best warranty the platinum gmpp which i have does not cover those items. Also Any paint or exterior defects you will be hard pressed getting any coverage from gm on. I remember when they did cover those items and like you said was basically a extension of the 3/36 but not anymore and that is speaking from experience.

20 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Not entirely true, the 3/36 covers things like interior items like seat covers and dash or trim pieces, gm's best warranty the platinum gmpp which i have does not cover those items. Also Any paint or exterior defects you will be hard pressed getting any coverage from gm on. I remember when they did cover those items and like you said was basically a extension of the 3/36 but not anymore and that is speaking from experience.

OK , i was wrong, it is 5yrs or 60,000 miles which ever comes first.  From what this article states, it is an extended bumper-to-bumper coverage. 

48 minutes ago, O Town Denali said:

GMEPP. 
Official GM protection plan

I am in FL so the plan is a little more expensive

5yr/100K Platinum

$100 Deductible

$1440.00

Best Prices:
James Black Cadillac of Ebensburg PA | GM Extended

Give them a call and they will explain everything.

That is where I got one for our Suburban.  Since it has the magna ride and those babies cost some dough to replace. 

I was offered the 5 year 60000. Said that was on top of the other warranty. They wanted 2900 and said they would go to 2600. I had told him that I was going to pass he asked me what would I pay I actually said 1400. That deal was not offered to me so I did not sign up. But if it was just a measly 2 more years that is not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GM Extended limited warranty is sold a a genuine bumper to bumper extension. New car only and is good for 5/60 total from time of new car sale (Chev. And GMC ).

The Chevrolet or GMC Protection Plans can be purchased after sale. .  Available for                                                                                                                                          

12 months or12,000 miles , whichever comes first                    
 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first
  36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first
   48 months or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first

Then there is GMEPP which is the old GMPP and is available for up to 150,000 additional miles.

The Chevrolet Protection Plan and GMEPP start at time of plan purchase and current mileage regardless of whether new or used.

Mercy, if your buying based on vehicle warranty sounds like it's time to start shopping. My last 4 were much better and much cheaper. One was even GM until they lowered it. Two were 10-100K extending from 6-60 for 1500$. One is 5-80 for less. I'm still enjoying an 8 year old car fully covered. The only way to get GM moving is tell sales people your warranty sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, tbarn said:

GM Extended limited warranty is sold a a genuine bumper to bumper extension. New car only and is good for 5/60 total from time of new car sale (Chev. And GMC ).

The Chevrolet or GMC Protection Plans can be purchased after sale. .  Available for                                                                                                                                          

12 months or12,000 miles , whichever comes first                    
 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first
  36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first
   48 months or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first

Then there is GMEPP which is the old GMPP and is available for up to 150,000 additional miles.

The Chevrolet Protection Plan and GMEPP start at time of plan purchase and current mileage regardless of whether new or used.

Actually GMEPP is a generic term for the new protection plan ( GMC, Chevy, Cadillac)

The old GMPP is administered by ALLY and is still in business.

You are correct sir!  Which is why I did some (flawed) research. These plans are very unnecessarily confusing. Let alone have an uninformed salesperson telling you what you want to hear. "No worries, everything is covered.

Edited by tbarn

So for the sake of clarity regarding new contract purchases there is the Chevrolet Protection Plan (or GMC ) And the Ally Protection Plan. Otherwise it's an aftermarket plan.

Maybe this is just me, but I refuse to buy a new vehicle unless  they GIVE me the lifetime warranty.....If its just a great car like they are saying, they should have no problem doing it...I always do it. they say no, I walk, and typically get a call 3-4 days later. Worked x2....have not bought over 10 years but I fully plan to do with the 2019 I am gonna pick up around march.