Extended warranty

Maybe this is just me, but I refuse to buy a new vehicle unless  they GIVE me the lifetime warranty.....If its just a great car like they are saying, they should have no problem doing it...I always do it. they say no, I walk, and typically get a call 3-4 days later. Worked x2....have not bought over 10 years but I fully plan to do with the 2019 I am gonna pick up around march. 

Lifetime warranty works only if you service at their dealership for everything, I know this cause I bought a DMAX work truck a couple years ago and after factory warranty they tried to charge me cause I didn’t service it like the contract states or most importantly, you’ve got to make sure you bring in the vehicle within time required which starts the Lifetime warranty. It’s a BS warranty that causes you to spend more money on maintenance than if doing a regular extended warranty. I’ve got 100k on all mine, rather have them jump through hoops than me.

Sent from above

4 hours ago, trobin1991 said:

Maybe this is just me, but I refuse to buy a new vehicle unless  they GIVE me the lifetime warranty.....If its just a great car like they are saying, they should have no problem doing it...I always do it. they say no, I walk, and typically get a call 3-4 days later. Worked x2....have not bought over 10 years but I fully plan to do with the 2019 I am gonna pick up around march. 

Meh.  It's all lost in finance.

You either pay more for the car to get a free warranty, or you pay less for the car and add extra for the warranty.

You're not getting something for nothing from a car dealer.  You're getting a deal, plain and simple.  Either the deal makes financial sense for the dealer or it doesn't.

17 minutes ago, Daverado said:

Meh.  It's all lost in finance.

You either pay more for the car to get a free warranty, or you pay less for the car and add extra for the warranty.

You're not getting something for nothing from a car dealer.  You're getting a deal, plain and simple.  Either the deal makes financial sense for the dealer or it doesn't.

Truth....only people coming out ahead on NEW vehicles are the dealers. You gotta know that walking in. Guess it just helps me sleep better at night.