front driver noise after level lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2018 sierra 1500  z71 with 3000 miles on it. I added a 2.5'' motofab spacer under shock. now i have a noise coming from driver side front end. I see some other forums on here about it but no sure answers. Has anyone figured this out? If so please let me know the noise drives me crazy!!!! Mostly happens when going over several bumps at mostly slower speeds or on gravel roads. sounds like something is loose but everything is tight. 

Edited by LASIERRA

I have had this same issue, Sierra 2500 slow speeds, especially rougher parking lots and gravel roads as well. Sounds like bumper, shocks or something loose,,,, I have a 2" dealer installed level, and was bothered by this, However, at 40k miles I replaced my Roncho "red" shocks and the noise and issue has diminished, but not gone. You have considerably less miles and would think your shocks would be the issue. I have heard of other " solutions"  but nothing helped. Knowing that you have a lift or level helps narrow it down.  "nothing loose" same here. 

sadly, more often than not, other guys fix problems and never post repairs that worked updates.

so, If you find something that works, share it  :)   I'll continue to look, other than removing level.... <<<<< might be the problem.

Had same issue with my 2014 LTZ and unfortunately never found a cure.  I pulled the leveling kit and noise stopped so it was definitely in the kit. I put it back in and the noise began again.  Fortunately, it was intermittent and came and went.  Eventually it completely went away after about 50k miles on the kit.  Getting ready to put another leveling kit on my 2018 Silverado and am scared to death I am going to have same issue.

Good luck brother.

I have a 2018 sierra 1500  z71 with 3000 miles on it. I added a 2.5'' motofab spacer under shock. now i have a noise coming from driver side front end. I see some other forums on here about it but no sure answers. Has anyone figured this out? If so please let me know the noise drives me crazy!!!! Mostly happens when going over several bumps at mostly slower speeds or on gravel roads. sounds like something is loose but everything is tight. 

2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain here, installed a 2” Motofab level last weekend. It’s the upper strut spacer, and no noise so far. I’m sure you’ve checked all your nuts, but make sure you got the sway bar end links bolted down all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2018 Sierra 1500 as well, not lifted. I too hear noises from the driver side when my wife is driving. When I'm driving the noise comes from the passenger side. When I'm by myself I don't hear any noise.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

[emoji16][emoji16]
Has the wife read that?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, Castnblast67 said:

2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain here, installed a 2” Motofab level last weekend. It’s the upper strut spacer, and no noise so far. I’m sure you’ve checked all your nuts, but make sure you got the sway bar end links bolted down all the way.

I did but noise still there maybe I’ll try too spacer 

Also check your sway bar bushings at the end links, make sure each of those are accounted for and are positioned correctly. On mine they kept popping out or didn’t want to back in the way they came out when I was bolting it all back together. Took some cussing to get them to cooperate. [emoji16] If there’s one missing or out of whack, could possibly result in some noise.

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, goheels said:

Had same issue with my 2014 LTZ and unfortunately never found a cure.  I pulled the leveling kit and noise stopped so it was definitely in the kit. I put it back in and the noise began again.  Fortunately, it was intermittent and came and went.  Eventually it completely went away after about 50k miles on the kit.  Getting ready to put another leveling kit on my 2018 Silverado and am scared to death I am going to have same issue.

Good luck brother.

Did you put the kit on your 2018?

You guys should check out my thread for my truck.......my dad purchased a Silverado with 22k miles and it rattled. Mostly at slower speeds and on rougher terrain. I borrowed his truck one day and had to pull over on the side of the road cause I am really OCD and couldnt take it. I ended up deciding that it was coming from inside the cab to my surprise........I thought for sure it was a muffled sound from the exterior. Turns out, there is a metal belly pan that covers the steering shaft. All like 6 screws (with washers) were loose......I mean LOOSE! I tightened them up and good to go. Fast forward a couple years.......I purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra 40k miles. Exact same noise, exact same issue. Tightened the bolts, no more rattle. There are some pics on my thread if you wanna check them out. Should note.......One truck was manufactured in Canada, and the other Mexico

Edited by chefchoy