front driver noise after level lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, chefchoy said:

You guys should check out my thread for my truck.......my dad purchased a Silverado with 22k miles and it rattled. Mostly at slower speeds and on rougher terrain. I borrowed his truck one day and had to pull over on the side of the road cause I am really OCD and couldnt take it. I ended up deciding that it was coming from inside the cab to my surprise........I thought for sure it was a muffled sound from the exterior. Turns out, there is a metal belly pan that covers the steering shaft. All like 6 screws (with washers) were loose......I mean LOOSE! I tightened them up and good to go. Fast forward a couple years.......I purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra 40k miles. Exact same noise, exact same issue. Tightened the bolts, no more rattle. There are some pics on my thread if you wanna check them out. Should note.......One truck was manufactured in Canada, and the other Mexico

What’s the name of the thread

7 hours ago, chefchoy said:

You guys should check out my thread for my truck.......my dad purchased a Silverado with 22k miles and it rattled. Mostly at slower speeds and on rougher terrain. I borrowed his truck one day and had to pull over on the side of the road cause I am really OCD and couldnt take it. I ended up deciding that it was coming from inside the cab to my surprise........I thought for sure it was a muffled sound from the exterior. Turns out, there is a metal belly pan that covers the steering shaft. All like 6 screws (with washers) were loose......I mean LOOSE! I tightened them up and good to go. Fast forward a couple years.......I purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra 40k miles. Exact same noise, exact same issue. Tightened the bolts, no more rattle. There are some pics on my thread if you wanna check them out. Should note.......One truck was manufactured in Canada, and the other Mexico

Tried it buddy but didn’t fix it my screws were tight I think mine is strut or steering related! Thx snyway

On 2/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, LASIERRA said:

I have a 2018 sierra 1500  z71 with 3000 miles on it. I added a 2.5'' motofab spacer under shock. now i have a noise coming from driver side front end. I see some other forums on here about it but no sure answers. Has anyone figured this out? If so please let me know the noise drives me crazy!!!! Mostly happens when going over several bumps at mostly slower speeds or on gravel roads. sounds like something is loose but everything is tight. 

When I had my Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks installed, the mechanic told me he used the original nuts for the shock mount rather than the nuts that came with the Bilsteins because the originals had a larger surface area to make contact with the frame when tightened down.  From what I read, a lot of the noises people on here report are due to the shock moving around as the vehicle weight shifts when driving and this issue popped up following a level kit install.  Did you use the original hardware when you installed your leveling kit?

5 hours ago, ruggerag said:

If you are having a rattle from the suspension after you installed a block, try tightening the nut on top of the shock assembly while you have the truck on the ground. The nut is accessible through the engine bay.

I did that too no luck

Loosen all the strut bolts slightly on ground and use a torque wrench to tighten them to spec. That fixed mine. I thought I had put enough grunt on them, but nope the torque wrench don’t lie.

Unless it’s broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old but I am having some noise on my 2020.  I installed a 2.5" motofab leveling kit and that was a couple of months ago but after I got it on I heard some grinding noise almost like a brake tab letting you know you need new pads but while rolling and no brakes it made the noise.  I decided to check all my bolts and when I noticed an upper strut bolt wasn't tightened all the way I tightened up and the noise went away.  Just yesterday I  replaced a cv axle and i went for a test drive and i hear same noise so I checked all the bolts and none seemed loose.  I didn't have time to go back and take the wheel off to see what it was but I will try tonight.  I feel like its the plate or shield thing behind the rotor or the one on the outer axle that is right behind the hub assembly.

Following... I have 1.5 motofab  level and noticed the same thing. It's a faint rattling or knocking noise but only when going slow (parking lot speeds or less) and over rough terrain or bumps. Checked all the bolts and all seems fine, but will try to put a torque wrench on the strut mount bolts like mentioned above. 

What's the specs for these bolts?

• 1 year later...

Something's loose.

Also, the general rule of any suspension component is to not fully torque any fastener that runs through a bushing until the weight of the vehicle is on the ground.  A suspension level/lift is going to require a loosening/retightening of the CABs.