How are 2019 silverado sales?

4 hours ago, Daverado said:

It’s just a matter of time.  IMO.  And this has zero to do with politics. People over spend like crazy. 

• Like 1

How many people actually buy a vehicle based off advertising? Never once have I done this and I could care less. Yea it’s cool to see a car racing around a track or a truck in the mud but 99% of the people will never do this stuff

Ryan B.

22 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

How many people actually buy a vehicle based off advertising? Never once have I done this and I could care less. Yea it’s cool to see a car racing around a track or a truck in the mud but 99% of the people will never do this stuff

Ryan B.

Marketing and advertising is about getting interest, not always about directly getting sales.

If you don't know something even exists then you're not going to do the research for more information to buy.

Marketing and advertising is about getting interest, not always about directly getting sales.

If you don't know something even exists then you're not going to do the research for more information to buy.

You have to live under a rock to not know what’s out there. Chevy and other auto mfgs are all over social media (basically free advertising). Many people don’t even have tv nowadays and do the streaming/online no advertising option.

Ryan B.

Just now, RyanbabZ71 said:

You have to live under a rock to not know what’s out there. Chevy and other auto mfgs are all over social media (basically free advertising). Many people don’t even have tv nowadays and do the streaming/online no advertising option.

Ryan B.

Hate to break it to you Ryan but i would say a large majority of truck buyers don't use facebook!

I enjoy the couple commercials Toyota has with Chuck Norris and the wild Tacoma skit. Much better than the hipster who has never driven a truck holding a clipboard telling us how gm doesn't suck anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGDOGx said:

Hate to break it to you Ryan but i would say a large majority of truck buyers don't use facebook!

I enjoy the couple commercials Toyota has with Chuck Norris and the wild Tacoma skit. Much better than the hipster who has never driven a truck holding a clipboard telling us how gm doesn't suck anymore.

I don't have a Facebook page, nor do I have any interest in joining. I use Twitter and Instagram very rarely. 

The "little bit country" ad is alright, not a big fan of the Lego one they are running now.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude anything is better then the bearded ass hat in all Chevy commercials. It’s so old and so stupid and every industry laughs when they see stupid real people commercials. Have it run with horses etc anything but real people awfulness 

• Like 1

I've seen a couple, but not very many.  

I did order one, but wasn't the happiest with the available packages/selections.  

Example:  Max tow package can't be combined with Z71.   Not terrible, but the 4low T-case and skid plates would be nice.  No tow mirrors and a 24 gallon tank.  Not the best towing experience, especially for a gas rig.

Can't get the 6.2 in anything lower than LTZ.  

Also, our local dealers are looking to msrp and only the available incentives, which isn't very robust yet.    

I test drove a Trail Boss and asked the sales guy if the trucks were moving...His exact words were "They havent been moving at all. The front is polarizing and Ford/Ram incentives are killing us."

The dealership was just purchased and the new owner basically told the sales team he didnt care what had to be done the trucks needed to move off of the lot.

They have stickers on the trucks for 10k off of 2019s LTs and RSTs. It will be a short while before we see it on the Trail Boss and LTZ...

Edited by Chris walker

We shall see around March 2nd or 3rd when Q1 sales numbers are released.  I still think the Silverado will outsell the Ram but it will be closer then ever.  Anyone know if the medium duty 4500/5500 will count toward Silverado sales?