So How is Ownership of these Trucks?

1 minute ago, Sierra Dan said:

That is great news Jeff.

You are probably in the rare category for faultless 4 speed GM transmissions :thumbs:

I'm a lucky guy like that. :D

I also had a Ford with the 3-valve 5.4 and never had major issues. 

the transmission tuning in these trucks is god awful. and some of them shake real good around 65-75mph and there really isnt a fix for it. go on a looooong test drive and see if you can deal with the terrible trans tuning. and buy it new if you can after 70k these trucks start screwing up major.

most of the guys that say they have no problems have 30k miles lol. the guys with over 100k will tell you a different story

Not true, I know a few that have over 50k, never having issues and love them. My work trucks have been beaten to hell and back still zero issues. There are a great many more people that love and “properly” maintain their K2’s with zero problems other than the ones that are/were caused by driver/owner. Currently on my 3rd K2 and love it! Being pro active with any vehicle helps to guarantee a long happy relationship.

Sent from above
  • Like 3

Maybe the newer 6 and 8 speed clunky behavior comes in conjunction with AFM and Mode switching...….

Before you know it, it’s going to be the new fad, everyone is going to be wishing they had a transmission with a personality lol

Sent from above
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Not true, I know a few that have over 50k, never having issues and love them. My work trucks have been beaten to hell and back still zero issues. There are a great many more people that love and “properly” maintain their K2’s with zero problems other than the ones that are/were caused by driver/owner. Currently on my 3rd K2 and love it! Being pro active with any vehicle helps to guarantee a long happy relationship.

Sent from above

50k miles? my point exactly haha maintain them all you want it wont do much for the terrible trans tuning they come with. if you live in a country area you will hardly notice the crap trans. if you live anywhere thats city like it will certainly get on your nerves. i had to drive several different rental trucks while my trans was being "fixed" they all shifted like ass

50k miles? my point exactly haha maintain them all you want it wont do much for the terrible trans tuning they come with. if you live in a country area you will hardly notice the crap trans. if you live anywhere thats city like it will certainly get on your nerves. i had to drive several different rental trucks while my trans was being "fixed" they all shifted like ass

A couple of our work trucks have close to 90k. These trucks have never had issues unlike a few fords and horrible Dodge trucks, the GMs have out towed and lasted the longest. A buddy of mine works at Burlington RR, trucks past 100k used just for running up and down the yards, zero issues. I’ve owned an enormous amount of GMs, always happy enough to keep buying them. If you or anyone else is this worried about buying GM products then I’d opt into another manufacturer which you’ll most definitely find something wrong with that one too and then join that group forum and start over.

Love my GMs, when compared to Ford and Dodge, GM’s are excellent quality.

Sent from above

Thanks for the replies everyone. I got some clarification from my father on the year and mileage. Its a 2016 extended cab with 14,000 miles. garage kept and really just around town driving lately aside from hunting season. 2" ready-lift leveling kit and falken at3w's (sized up from original size). I think I am going to pull the trigger, just got to sell my jeep first. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

A couple of our work trucks have close to 90k. These trucks have never had issues unlike a few fords and horrible Dodge trucks, the GMs have out towed and lasted the longest. A buddy of mine works at Burlington RR, trucks past 100k used just for running up and down the yards, zero issues. I’ve owned an enormous amount of GMs, always happy enough to keep buying them. If you or anyone else is this worried about buying GM products then I’d opt into another manufacturer which you’ll most definitely find something wrong with that one too and then join that group forum and start over.

Love my GMs, when compared to Ford and Dodge, GM’s are excellent quality.

Sent from above

so your tellin me you know of a whole bunch of k2xx rigs and NONE of them have shitty transmission shifting? they must have shipped all the good ones to where you live lol

so your tellin me you know of a whole bunch of k2xx rigs and NONE of them have shitty transmission shifting? they must have shipped all the good ones to where you live lol

That’s correct. If I was bitching and having the issues with the GM truck then I would definitely look at other manufacturers or fix the issues you’ve got and call it a day. I enjoy my personal truck so much that I had over 10k worth of products installed. A buddy of mine that hog hunts often using his 16 CC, 6.2 beats the hell out of it and only issues he’s had was replacing a motor mount. Not sure if it makes a difference but they’re all top tier models. The only issues I’ve had was running out and purchasing the first 14 that came out which is unlike me knowing I’d be a guinea pig for any new model/engine/transmission etc. It vibrated at high speeds, attempted to fix but didn’t keep it to complain, traded it in and rest is history. Go get yourself a Ford, you’ll be running back to GM. My neighbor owns a tech company, bought a new raptor, jumped back into an 18 6.2 just like mine and swears zero issues aside of a a slight slip giving it a bit of gas, dealership greased Yoke and all is good.

Sent from above

17 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s correct. If I was bitching and having the issues with the GM truck then I would definitely look at other manufacturers or fix the issues you’ve got and call it a day. I enjoy my personal truck so much that I had over 10k worth of products installed. A buddy of mine that hog hunts often using his 16 CC, 6.2 beats the hell out of it and only issues he’s had was replacing a motor mount. Not sure if it makes a difference but they’re all top tier models. The only issues I’ve had was running out and purchasing the first 14 that came out which is unlike me knowing I’d be a guinea pig for any new model/engine/transmission etc. It vibrated at high speeds, attempted to fix but didn’t keep it to complain, traded it in and rest is history. Go get yourself a Ford, you’ll be running back to GM. My neighbor owns a tech company, bought a new raptor, jumped back into an 18 6.2 just like mine and swears zero issues aside of a a slight slip giving it a bit of gas, dealership greased Yoke and all is good.

Sent from above

i dont understand...so you bought a new 14' & it shook so bad you traded it in. but they are still excellent trucks? haha

i dont understand...so you bought a new 14' & it shook so bad you traded it in. but they are still excellent trucks? haha

It didn’t shake so bad that I got rid of it, I got rid of it after it was fixed. I don’t keep anything that’s given me problems. The last two were zero issues, current is excellent too. My three Ford King Ranch’s gave me problems, Cummins had serious injector issues, GM’s aside of a vibration issue that was actually fixed, zero issues. If you’re that jaded on GM then get into another but doing nothing but cutting down GM trucks and yet sticking with it doesn’t sound good. To each their own medicine. Ok, good luck

Sent from above

8 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

It didn’t shake so bad that I got rid of it, I got rid of it after it was fixed. I don’t keep anything that’s given me problems. The last two were zero issues, current is excellent too. My three Ford King Ranch’s gave me problems, Cummins had serious injector issues, GM’s aside of a vibration issue that was actually fixed, zero issues. If you’re that jaded on GM then get into another but doing nothing but cutting down GM trucks and yet sticking with it doesn’t sound good. To each their own medicine. Ok, good luck

Sent from above

i  think im just tellin it like it is. im no brand loyal nutswinger & my next rig will certainly not be a shitty shiftin GM truck

i  think im just tellin it like it is. im no brand loyal nutswinger & my next rig will certainly not be a shitty shiftin GM truck

Totally respect that, that will mean that you’ll be on another Manufacturers Forum? I’m on Ford F-150, Raptor and DMAX and I see a hell of a lot complaints from Ford owners. Dodge, biggest pc of junk on the road. You’ll 100% regret getting to a dodge, promise. Good luck, hope it all gets better for you. [emoji256]

Sent from above

4 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Totally respect that, that will mean that you’ll be on another Manufacturers Forum? I’m on Ford F-150, Raptor and DMAX and I see a hell of a lot complaints from Ford owners. Dodge, biggest pc of junk on the road. You’ll 100% regret getting to a dodge, promise. Good luck, hope it all gets better for you. emoji256.png

Sent from above

whats so bad about dodge trucks. they have come a loooong ways from the old ones. and the trans works perfecto

whats so bad about dodge trucks. they have come a loooong ways from the old ones. and the trans works perfecto

I’ve had a few, all pic of junk! They may be on the road to recovery but it’s going to be a long long trip for them. It’s the worst crash test ratings and reliability issues of all combined.

Sent from above