So How is Ownership of these Trucks?

Relative was a long time Dodge fan.

Last new(2016) maxed out 2500 diesel was his last.

Fuel in the oil, other problems.

Now drives a Denali diesel.

Says it twice the truck.

Admits his devotion to Dodge was dumb.

I don't know TXGREEK but if you read his posts it seems he has a lot of experience with trucks and the money to find the ones that work for him. 

:)

yeah idk give me a cummins any day over a dmax. dmax are just as prone to new age diesel issues but  ton harder to repair.

you cant really be "devoted" to any company all the trucks have some sort of issues. but as for chevy im sick of them saying burning oil is OK, the shake, and the trans tuning..etc. its unacceptable. what are the known issues on a toyota tundra?

Some guys got lucky with a decent k2xx. some didnt. most dont even have enough miles on them to be a factor yet

• Like 1

yeah idk give me a cummins any day over a dmax. dmax are just as prone to new age diesel issues but  ton harder to repair.

you cant really be "devoted" to any company all the trucks have some sort of issues. but as for chevy im sick of them saying burning oil is OK, the shake, and the trans tuning..etc. its unacceptable. what are the known issues on a toyota tundra?

Some guys got lucky with a decent k2xx. some didnt. most dont even have enough miles on them to be a factor yet

Cummins gets their blocks from China

Sent from above

56 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I’ve had a few, all pic of junk! They may be on the road to recovery but it’s going to be a long long trip for them. It’s the worst crash test ratings and reliability issues of all combined.

Sent from above

In fairness, the new body Ram has pretty good crash test ratings. 

36 minutes ago, njk4o5 said:

The 2016-2018 refresh seems to be much better and a lot of the issues the earlier trucks had seem to have been addressed. I had a new 2014, bought in late 2013, and if I'm honest, it was a complete POS. I took a chance on sticking with GM, and I haven't regretted it. 

My dumb ass wants an early model T1 now, I just don't learn. :troll:

Edited by jlong1984
forgot a comma

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, ForestryGuy said:

We are quickly approaching:            Thread Derailed

Well played, sir, but I usually picture it more like this in my mind

post-53898-train-falling-off-bridge-gif-i-O4cW[1].gif

Edited by JimCost2014

I appreciate everyone's point of view on these trucks. Not so much worried about getting into the whole GM/ford/dodge thing. I've had the opportunity to drive a few "Big 3" and Japanese (Nissan) trucks in my line of work and they each have their pros and cons. There happens to be more fords in the forestry world for some reason... lower cost? Not sure. Either way I'm not a Ford fan - combo of professional and personal experience... but the seats are comfortable and the interior is pretty ergonomic... that's about it though.  Lets try to stick to 2014-2018 GM full size pick-ups. 

The 2016-2018 refresh seems to be much better and a lot of the issues the earlier trucks had seem to have been addressed. I had a new 2014, bought in late 2013, and if I'm honest, it was a complete POS. I took a chance on sticking with GM, and I haven't regretted it. 

My dumb ass wants an early model T1 now, I just don't learn. :troll:

I’d wait till 2021.

Sent from above

4 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

A couple of our work trucks have close to 90k. These trucks have never had issues unlike a few fords and horrible Dodge trucks, the GMs have out towed and lasted the longest. A buddy of mine works at Burlington RR, trucks past 100k used just for running up and down the yards, zero issues. I’ve owned an enormous amount of GMs, always happy enough to keep buying them. If you or anyone else is this worried about buying GM products then I’d opt into another manufacturer which you’ll most definitely find something wrong with that one too and then join that group forum and start over.

Love my GMs, when compared to Ford and Dodge, GM’s are excellent quality.

Sent from above

Speaking of opting for another brand.....   anyone seen the latest 2019 RAM recall? Apparently the Brake Pedals can "fall off" for lack of a better term! :smash:

https://5thgenrams.com/recall-2019-ram-1500-models-with-power-adjustable-pedals/

• Like 1

Speaking of opting for another brand.....   anyone seen the latest 2019 RAM recall? Apparently the Brake Pedals can "fall off" for lack of a better term! :smash:

https://5thgenrams.com/recall-2019-ram-1500-models-with-power-adjustable-pedals/

It’s been my personal experience along with a couple buddies of mine and why I’ve always said, Dodge literally falling apart.

Sent from above

5 hours ago, ForestryGuy said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I got some clarification from my father on the year and mileage. Its a 2016 extended cab with 14,000 miles. garage kept and really just around town driving lately aside from hunting season. 2" ready-lift leveling kit and falken at3w's (sized up from original size). I think I am going to pull the trigger, just got to sell my jeep first. 

you mentioned two kids, plus a couple dogs and maybe a wife thrown in there....you might want to consider a crew.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thefishhawk said:

you mentioned two kids, plus a couple dogs and maybe a wife thrown in there....you might want to consider a crew.    

Yea, I second the opinion.

Crew is the way to go with Kids and a family in General.

Slightly less bed room but nothing a trailer can't make up for :thumbs:

Powertrain quality wise, the K2 are the worst trucks GM has put out in the last 30 years. But the platform is worlds better than any recent GM truck in terms of looks, comfort, ride quality, power, economy, interior quality and overall enjoyment. 

Just look at the JD Power reliability tests from 2012, then look at the ones from 2017-2018. GM had 5 brands in the top ten, I think only one or two remain there. Lots of problems with these trucks, still not sorted out by 2018 and are now finding their way into the T1 trucks. 

For dependability the 07-13's were much, much better in my somewhat vast personal experience with late model GM's.