Impressions of HighCountry 6.2 CC

Well you can say things are getting serious lol. I couldn’t resist anymore. A local dealer finally had a 6.2 std bed crewcab in stock. I stopped in to take a look and the sales guy goes you want to take it for a ride? I couldn’t pass it up.  I did not buy this truck only took it on a test drive (my first for the new 19 models)

4c7e91f9da8c3d1c09b598b15593f0bd.jpg

It was the color I would select at the moment (satin steel). Had some options I wouldn’t want (22’s) and missing some (Z71).

Interior is nice compared to my 2010. I know many dislike it but having a 10 yr old truck this is an upgrade. I really like the HUD and placement of the 4wd buttons. Also like the center seat headrest in the back. The rear camera in the mirror was awesome.

Truck didn’t feel much bigger than mine length wise. I felt higher up in my 2010 so I would have to go with the trailboss suspension. They had an RST with this kit and it looked good.

Comparing 6.2 engines, I will say my 2010 is much more peppy. It was 15 degrees out and the truck was sitting out, I didn’t punch it and drove pretty tame but it seemed to take more to get going. Didn’t really notice the auto shut off. Left it on to test only kicked in a handful of times. Truck drove really smooth and shifted well.

The multiple bed tie downs are nice and would come in handy. Not sure if I would go with a toolbox again or go with the side bed boxes to save space.

Dislikes

No turn signal mirrors

Chrome accents

Center console latch. Kinda sticky on the truck and didn’t latch close very well

Rear seat under storage. Would rather not have the humps so the dog had a flat place to sit/lay

Overall I liked it. Not sure what I will do. Might wait and order a 2020 this summer.

Few more pics

9613633649f4d2e0893d2c9522e5af2e.jpg

90c50ac35ed84bb9046dddbe8e71898d.jpg

e2d4535d21412b0f5252b2970b2ae3b2.jpg

Enough rambling thanks for reading

Ryan B.

Edited by RyanbabZ71
  • Like 2

Don't the lights on the front of the mirror act as a turn signal, or am I just imagining things? 

I think so but my 2010 has the signals in the mirrors so cars behind can see. Both options would be nice

Ryan B.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Nice truck bro. Love the color/ST bed combo. 

I didnt buy it only took it for a test drive as I havent drove one of the new trucks yet.  

1 minute ago, Black02Silverado said:

I know it is tempting, but I would wait and order a 2020 this summer.  Give more time for your bank account to build up.  By then they should have the tow mirrors available.

I have no plans on getting the tow mirrors.  The current mirrors are fine just wish they had the turn signals in the mirror portion.  

The only change I would wait for the 2020 would be the 6.2 in the trailboss which I dont think will happen and possibly different color options but I do like the satin steel.  

1 minute ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I have no plans on getting the tow mirrors.  The current mirrors are fine just wish they had the turn signals in the mirror portion.  

The only change I would wait for the 2020 would be the 6.2 in the trailboss which I dont think will happen and possibly different color options but I do like the satin steel.  

Understand.  No need if you don't tow.  I hope they come out soon.  Maybe they will have the turn signals in them, one can only hope. :) 

Not sure on how much of a refresh if any on such a new model, maybe more color options. Guess will have to wait and see.

53 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

No turn signal mirrors

Just curious why you felt the lack of blinking lights in your mirrors was a detriment? Aren't those signals purely for others' courtesy? you like seeing them blink or what? I don't get why they even exist, unless you are relying on them to warn people who are in your blind spot that you are about to change lanes, so get out of the way. I've never had them, never wished I did.

Just curious why you felt the lack of blinking lights in your mirrors was a detriment? Aren't those signals purely for others' courtesy? you like seeing them blink or what? I don't get why they even exist, unless you are relying on them to warn people who are in your blind spot that you are about to change lanes, so get out of the way. I've never had them, never wished I did.

Not a deal breaker but like the idea of the added visibility to other drivers

Ryan B.

Have to agree with your choice of color. [emoji3]

Although I like the painted 20" rims on mine because they happen to match the satin steel paint.
Truck1.thumb.jpg.60786d1e8dd7e950b60767c3b82afb40.jpg
Truck2.thumb.jpg.1db4a6b21a37cb4fbd599d26fecac8b1.jpg
Truck3.thumb.jpg.6ccfba4f25ed96bcfeef5df03eb906a1.jpg

I would definitely go with the 20s. I also like the RST 20” version. No way I would do the 22s. Center glove box had 4 tire pressure sensors. Must have been from the steels it’s came with?

Ryan B.