Impressions of HighCountry 6.2 CC

5 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

Don't the lights on the front of the mirror act as a turn signal, or am I just imagining things? 

They do not, they are a task light that you can turn on while the truck is not in motion, you can turn on both or either side. I’d rather them be turn signals but they aren’t. 

? on the crew 6.6’ bed and 6.2 configuration. 

No thanks on the wheels but you could resell those pretty easily and for a premium. 

Personally I would wait for mid cycle refresh. K2XX midcycle refresh added lots of features and fixed a few bugs. 

If you can’t wait that long then wait till they add tow mirrors (integrated glass signal lights?). 

What about the new gas 6.6L 401hp 464tq HD? Nice it gets those numbers on regular octane but a bummer it’s only available with 6 speed auto instead of the 8 or 10.

Edited by 2009GMC

15 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

They do not, they are a task light that you can turn on while the truck is not in motion, you can turn on both or either side. I’d rather them be turn signals but they aren’t. 

Guess where they got that idea ? Yep f150s 

7 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

What are they offering off MSRP?

No idea I didnt have any plans on buying this truck so we didnt talk any numbers.  I sent them what I would order and awaiting their response.

9 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

No thanks on the wheels but you could resell those pretty easily and for a premium.

Not likely I think.  Those look like the High Country Premium package 22" wheels, which were already a huge bump in price over the High Country Deluxe 22" wheels.

That was the only difference between Deluxe and Premium when I was shopping, you pay an extra $2k just to swap to a different 22" wheel.

I was lucky that I liked the Deluxe wheels better. :cool:  If you don't like 22s then High Country Premium is about the worst package you can buy.

12 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I would definitely go with the 20s. I also like the RST 20” version. No way I would do the 22s. Center glove box had 4 tire pressure sensors. Must have been from the steels it’s came with?

Ryan B.

Trailer tire pressure sensors.  Part of the PTT Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System, which is standard on LTZ and High Country, optional on LT, RST and LT Trail Boss.  They would get installed in your trailer's tires, and then would be learned to the truck like relearning your truck's tires when doing a rotation.  The transit steels get sent back as core to the dealer's facing GM ADI (Accessory Distributor/Installer) as complete assemblies. 

I got say, that is the first Crew Standard box I've seen so far.  Looks good. 

Edited by newdude

Ryan,

How many miles on your current 6.2? It has been good?

Ran into a local guy with a 2010 Denali 6.2. He was about to roll over to 178k. Original engine and trans. Said its been a great truck!

Ryan,
 How many miles on your current 6.2? It has been good?

Ran into a local guy with a 2010 Denali 6.2. He was about to roll over to 178k. Original engine and trans. Said its been a great truck!

Just over 94K on my current truck. Been real good. The Denali and Chevy 6.2 are different.

Ryan B.

Sorry to hitch the topic but here in Canada some dealers are actually giving the steelies with the truck no extra cost on invoice as I looked for it closely.  Would be a great option for winter use.

42 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Just over 94K on my current truck. Been real good. The Denali and Chevy 6.2 are different.

Ryan B.

I should have specified his was the Sierra Denali truck with same L9H offered in Silverados.

I believe only the Denali SUV's had the 6.2 with AFM in GMT900 generation.

Edited by 2009GMC

On 2/8/2019 at 4:06 PM, jlong1984 said:

Don't the lights on the front of the mirror act as a turn signal, or am I just imagining things? 

The lights on the 2019 mirrors are only tasks lights not turn signals.  They are activated via a button to the left of the steering wheel.