2019 External Antenna?

Yeah, ZQ8s. It was a fun little truck, and very economical... 2.8 5 speed. Also had a 1990 4.3 5 speed 4x4. Sold them both about 10 years ago. Wish I would have kept at least one, because I just don’t see any around anymore. All rusted away in these parts.

14 hours ago, gothp28 said:

Not a fan8680e6b6575d3578310cfaed71d62af6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The antenna was key on my last Silverado with 6inch lift.  When going into a parking garage if it hit the beams in the garage it meant I’m at the very least cutting it close and needed to stick my head out and inspect before proceeding. 

But I agree, they aren’t the most visually pleasing.  Plus if it hit every day going in and out of my own garage that would get old

• Like 1

Agreed. My first stop after picking up the AT4 was the local parts store. I picked up a black after-market shorty and did not look back. No noticeable affect in FM reception, however I do live in a flat metro area. Also, I spend little time listening to terrestrial stations anyway (either SXM or Pandora on cell).

shortyantenna.PNG

Edited by mistergmc
added thoughts.

16 hours ago, Space Wrangler said:

Erod_66 recommended this one to me and I am happy with it.  The reception is as good as the stock antenna and a bit lower profile.

https://antennax.com/i-24624341-off-road-13-inch-antenna-2007-thru-2019-gmc-sierra-1500.html

IMG_2010.jpg

Thanks for the tip, mine shorty is on order now

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

Same dealer, same RST, one has antenna one does not772c59cb6ce4d7e3976718f14f145152.jpg

Off topic, but that's the first picture of a new truck I've seen in a long time with white letter tires. Call me an old school redneck, but I've put them on everything I've owned since my '70 Monte Carlo. My company has a white '19 custom on order for me, wasn't sure what it would look like with white letters.

• Like 1

Just bought the AntennaX 13".  I NEVER use FM or AM so wondering if there is a good delete option. I assume this antenna is for AM/FM only so removing it harms nothing else.  Has anyone seen a decent looking antenna delete option?

On 2/9/2019 at 9:07 PM, gothp28 said:

Not a fan8680e6b6575d3578310cfaed71d62af6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For my arch-shaped lower garage door I chopped 4" or so off my old truck's antenna.  Green loctite to glue the top ball back onto the mast after trimming.

Still get the benefit of early warning when I'm off center into the arch door before the cab hits, but no need for it to be so much taller than the roof.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

So let me get this correct, a $53k truck still has a giant metal coat hanger wrapped in wire sticking out of the hood? Seriously Chevy?

Is this on all 2019s or just some? I have seen several dealer website photos where the truck did not have the external antenna and some that do have it. Is this an option or are the dealers taking pics before they screw in the antenna?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You didn't spend enough, $55k and you get he hidden recessed antenna.

Never understood the price argument as a justification for a complaint or entitlement to something...

Tyler

On 2/11/2019 at 9:26 AM, cltsig said:

Just bought the AntennaX 13".  I NEVER use FM or AM so wondering if there is a good delete option. I assume this antenna is for AM/FM only so removing it harms nothing else.  Has anyone seen a decent looking antenna delete option?

I never use AM/FM either.  Have taken off the antenna on last 4 trucks.  Cover with rubber cap.

IMG_1124.JPG

3E3D3AB8-0C24-4B68-ADE2-1511451A08AA.thumb.jpeg.b400f79cbc910c9aab5703d4fa215016.jpeg

I hopped on the bandwagon today. The original antenna didn’t bother me until I looked closely at it and it had chips of paint missing from the dealer clumsily installing it.

This one seems to work just as well. AM, FM and HD radio work the same as before. Guess the shorty antennas have come a long way from when I last tried them.

AntennaMastsRus - The Original 6 3/4 INCH is Compatible with Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2006-2019 - Short Rubber Antenna - Reception Guaranteed - German Engineered - Internal Copper Coil https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY0NH60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5A0yCb1N04MQH

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 11:55 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

There is not one single image on the Chevy website that shows an external antenna, even on the work truck and custom trimsaa35744676a8e2bd869490aa32a12ace.jpg8364784f0af880c41c23d5b5dd0d6c66.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

All of the trucks have it however it is not installed until the dealer preps it for a sale.  That is why some have it in pictures and some dont.