Think I totaled my ‘15 - what to replace it with?

So I hit a deer doing 70 last night thing jumped now over barriers from the median strip separating I-95 north/south traveling in left lane. Hit it straight on majority damage is to passenger front end but also scraped up the drivers side fender b/c I had no shoulder either side & was blinded by all the airbags going off (blocked windows + the dust completely blinded me)- considering al the bags went off & there’s damage to front bumper/doors/hood/grill 2 lights etc I think they’ll call it total loss - my body shop buddy agrees.

already reached out to local dealer for pricing on leftover ‘18”s - my truck was an all terrain SLT premium plus 4x4 w/ 6.2 so trying to replace w/ something comparable for the cheapest price possible. What sucks is I paid it off recently & just put new brakes on 10k miles ago + had the diff/tranny fluid swapped. Part of me hopes it’s not totaled, just cuz I don’t wanna deal w/ the hassle of haggling On a new one, having to put cash down, & knowing I already have $$$ into it in terms of mods/maintenance- but I have a 3.5 year old son & am concerned about taking back a truck that had all the airbags deploy.

i checked Laura gmc already def great pricing in general on ‘18s seems trucks in the mid-upper $50s/low $60s can be bad for $10-$15k off sticker right off the bat.

dont like that I’m losin our on warranty coverage. 

I checked out a diesel ‘18 Sierra too- I probably would go that route if they were discounting them similarly but that’s not the case....I’m sure the 6.0 HDs are deeply discounted though.

im going to look @ Ram & Ford also- the only fords that interest me are the Raptor or an F259 diesel, no idea what kind of deals are out on those.

im all set w/ a ‘19 GM product- let someone else be the guinea pig. 

The tundra is hust too old & crappy.

need to check out the Rams.

what kind of deals are people hearing on the 2018s? Similar to what I found?

the other thing is I had a 2014 Sierra AT same as what I just totaled that I totaled 4 years ago in nearly same exact scenario except I wasn’t on Hwy was on backroads managed to avoid the deer but nailed a telephone pole in the process....and before that had a 2014 for 5k Miles I swapped out due to having wrong gearing- long story short if I get an ‘18 New right now & keep it 5 years it’d be like I had the same vehicle essentially for 11-12 years lol

Man, I’m just glad you’re okay. Can you recover any of the mods if you go with a 2018 GM? I mean mods aren’t part of an insurance policy unless specifically listed. If it were me, I’d see if a deal could be had on the HD diesel, they are getting long in the tooth so who knows. The Ram or Ford would be my next choices, in that order. I have the 6.2 and co-worker has the 2017 Raptor...it may sound a little odd but it will haul the mail. I always thought GM interiors were on the cheap side, not so much after seeing several F-150 trucks... they look good at first but after a day in one you notice a LOT of stuff that seems lesser quality, of course this is just my opinion. I’ve also been in the new Ram...that thing is really nice and I’ve never really wanted to say that. Huge difference than the last gen Ram. It sucks you’re dealing with this but it’s the perfect opportunity to look and see what’s out there. You already know the GM offering, see what the others bring to the table. Again, glad you’re okay and it is reassuring to know the airbags did their thing. Oh and I know this will sound so far from the subject because it is...did you have the “A” pillar handle so many of us added and if you did/do? Seems the one question that is asked is “does it affect the airbag deployment?  I hate to ask but it’s kind of rare we can ask the question to someone who might actually know.

• Like 1

I tried and failed getting 15 off 57ish list. Dealer reached out to me with "new" $500 coupon but I think I'll wait for a 2020.

Easily get 13k off, maybe 14. Possibly presidents day sales 13-15?

Don't know what you mean by losing warranty coverage? Warranty starts upon purchase.

IMO they should knock off at least 15.

Damn, sorry to hear about your truck.

Let us know how it turns out.

At least you walked away.

I bought my 18 at Laura March 2018 and they had 14 - 15k off 60K MSRP if financing through GM Financial. 

Sorry to hear about your accident.  I hope you are ok and nothing pops up later.  Your truck may not be totalled.  If the frame is not bent, they may fix it.  Popping all the air bags will add to the likely hood of it being totalled though.  My 15 was rear ended by a drunk just after Christmas.  He hit me HARD.  It was totalled, but I had no air bags go off.  The frame was bent and the bed got into the cab.

Edited by Mike GMC
Damn auto correct

17 minutes ago, grizzlyltz said:

emoji4.pngemoji91.pngjust trying to stir the pot a little lol
Raptor is a neat truck!

Grizzlyltz

Still, and always will be a Ford, wish GM would be a little (lot) more aggressive and offer something with a "cool" factor other than badges and stickers.