Think I totaled my ‘15 - what to replace it with?

8 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Still, and always will be a Ford, wish GM would be a little (lot) more aggressive and offer something with a "cool" factor other than badges and stickers.

They do .

It is called "The Reaper"

If I remember right it has a 550 hp Lingenfelter built motor

best-2019-chevy-reaper-engine-hd-picture-1024x680.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

They do .

With a face only a mother could love...

seriously it looks like a 12 year old designed this thing...

the only thing uglier than this thing will be the 2020 HDs...

if your going silly silly might as well get a battle bot like this guy

9A2E0131-05A8-431F-9949-B39E28EB2601.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

With a face only a mother could love...

seriously it looks like a 12 year old designed this thing...

the only thing uglier than this thing will be the 2020 HDs...

if your going silly silly might as well get a battle bot like this guy

9A2E0131-05A8-431F-9949-B39E28EB2601.jpeg

****ing why? So ugly. It doesn't mesh with the design of the truck at all, just bolt on garbage.

I personally would stay away from the Fords, I don't trust the aluminum at all. Have seen too many tore open like beer cans and lit on fire like a piece of dry wood to trust them. Dislike how much aluminum the new GMs are using as well. I understand weight vs MPG and all but for those of us that want to use them as a truck I seriously worry about the longevity and cost to fix. Can't fix aluminum like you can steel.

Ram has had my eye lately, unsure about the level of aluminum vs steel but I hate that ****ing dial. Trucks need a column shifter, end of story.

17 hours ago, xax said:

I'd get the raptor if you can afford it. Performance/luxury and has a killer resale value.

I had one next to me the other day. Ruby Red, it was a gorgeous truck, but when he got on it to pass the line of traffic I was in... :(

Sounded like a '95 Honda with a fart cannon exhaust. 

22 hours ago, SS502 said:

Man, I’m just glad you’re okay. Can you recover any of the mods if you go with a 2018 GM? I mean mods aren’t part of an insurance policy unless specifically listed. If it were me, I’d see if a deal could be had on the HD diesel, they are getting long in the tooth so who knows. The Ram or Ford would be my next choices, in that order. I have the 6.2 and co-worker has the 2017 Raptor...it may sound a little odd but it will haul the mail. 

1 hour ago, jlong1984 said:

I had one next to me the other day. Ruby Red, it was a gorgeous truck, but when he got on it to pass the line of traffic I was in... :(

Sounded like a '95 Honda with a fart cannon exhaust. 

So I’m not alone...they just sound weird!

4 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

They do .

I will give you that, but is it still done by an licensed GM outfitter, expensive, and not all lots have them. At least with a Raptor, you see them on lots and on the road.

1 hour ago, Booger T said:

Most insurance companies require the estimate for damage to be 75% or greater of actual value before they will total something

My understanding is that they take the actual full value and subtract salvage value to come up withe the threshold for totalling it or not.  These trucks have a pretty high salvage value, so it could be even less than 75%.

I went with another K2 after mine was totalled for a few reasons.  Ford's V8 sucks, I don't want a V6 and I can't actually see the headlight switch while driving.  Ram is still Fiat product - no way.  The 19 GMs don't do it for me.  I loved my 15 so....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Only sounds good in the cab, engine noise is part of the sound system, so it makes it esthetically pleasing to the ears.... 

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder...that’s just deception in my mind! Like meeting that (after a few beers) hot number in the club, going to wherever you end up only to find she’s wearing a girdle, stuffed bra, wig and smells of body odor when the perfume wears off.

Yes that’s a sexist comment but even the women on here can relate to being deceived ?

Edited by SS502
  • Like 2

Brand bias BS is just that - BS.

For full sizes, everyone wants a lot for the HD diesel trucks.

Tundra - way outdated and not priced for how dated it is.  Redesigned in 2007, motor refresh in 2010, light interior/exterior refresh in 2014.  It's just old at this point for a new truck.

Titan - feels cheap.  Resale seems poor and I found the selection of new hard to come by, at least for anything with options.  New price wasn't good either

Ram (2019 ONLY) - nice trucks if well optioned, but historically have some of the worst resale.  I hate the '18 and older, and about as dated as the Tundra.

F150 - MSRP to MSRP, the Raptor is actually a steal compared to a well optioned non-Raptor F150.  The problem is you typically pay near (or above) MSRP for them, where you don't on the others, so it's pricey.  Best resale out there for a 1/2 ton.  I considered an upper level F150 (non-Raptor) when buying mine.  Price was a factor; to get a similar 3.5EB F150 to my SLT would have been easily 10k more.  Easily.

'18 GMC's - Laura is the place to go, but selection is getting more limited and the incentives aren't going to be what you found in fall of '18.  

'19 GM's - nice trucks, but being the first model year and not even all of the options being released yet, you aren't going to see the discounts

If my truck were totaled today, I would be trying to find a deal on a leftover '18 first, then a deal between a '19 GMC or '19 F150.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder...that’s just deception in my mind!

My wife's Audi S4 has the same feature, though I believe applied a little better.  The B8 cars ('09 - '12) had engine noise pumped through the stereo.  The B8.5 cars ('13 - '16) had dedicated speakers just for it, which works better - wife has a B8.5.  The difference is the Audi supercharged 3.0 is one of the better sounding V6 engines out there and sounds pretty good from the outside and even better inside.  Some V6 engines sound better than others - Ford did a poor job with the sound of the Ecoboost motors.  Of course most V8's sound better.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder...that’s just deception in my mind! Like meeting that (after a few beers) hot number in the club, going to wherever you end up only to find she’s wearing a girdle, stuffed bra, wig and smells of body odor when the perfume wears off.

Yes that’s a sexist comment but even the women on here can relate to being deceived ?

You should work for the board of tourism for Florida, is that a typical Friday or Saturday night? Come to Florida for the sun, and stay for the deception in the bars, who knows what you will end up with!!!