Think I totaled my ‘15 - what to replace it with?

11 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

So I pay a premium. Hit a deer and the insurance company makes money by giving me the lesser of the two values; the depreciated mileage adjusted wholesale auction price or the salvage price, which ever is less,  and they keep the difference? And if I kept the truck long enough before the incident I've already paid for the truck including gap loss. So...insurance is a contract where I promise to give the company BOTH my truck and my money to satisfy a law they lobbied for, forcing me into that contract to protect THIER interest. A contract only they benefit from purely from vehicle damages. Liability losses paid out of the premium alone make insurance a nice, never get your hands dirty 100% profit salvage side business. In the case they actually settle for repair they limit their liability and violate your half of the 'good faith' expectation to be made whole by squeezing the shop for hours and force use of substandard part, materials and results. 

Am I getting that right? :lurk:

Really, the deer caused irreparable damage? I see. :shakehead:

Welcome to the "free world".

so long

j-ten-ner

• Haha 1

I can understand how a bad experience can sour people on a particular brand. This is exactly why these manufacturers should really step up when folks have problems with their new $50K+ trucks.

I don't believe for a second that 'they all have issues'.

My 2017 K2  has been excellent.

20 months, 30K miles and not a single issue. Not even a recall. I'm very happy with it. 

• Like 3

Nice Raptor, can't say I personally would opt for a Ecoboost V6 truck, especially a HO version of it that costs double to replace. My brother just bought a 5L Lariat and really likes it. Still wont touch my 6.2L though. Enjoy the truck, let us know how it performs. Since everyone seems to be sticking a knife in your ribs I might as well too, make sure you let the seatbelt up nice and easy or the friction will start an interior fire, oh yeah and don't plug the block heater in, that will also burn the truck down lol. Jokes aside my K2 has been the most problematic Chevy I have owned since the 90's, but also the most comfortable and best looking.