The Range on my Factory Remote Start...

5 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I’ve got an 18, 5 years here.

Sent from above

When did you buy your truck? I assume this is only available through OnStar (the app) I guess it works like my garage door opener because @dieselfan1 can start his from 200 miles?? Not sure why you’d want too but it’s pretty damn cool, you could get the truck warmed up for the GF when you’re away. 

33 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I've started mine with my phone from 200 miles away . That's good enough range for me ?

The key fobs only works for about 150 feet otherwise.

Even 150 feet is pretty good if you ask me. I never get to park that far away without being able to see it so I’ve never been really far, usually just from in the house or the office.

When did you buy your truck? I assume this is only available through OnStar (the app) I guess it works like my garage door opener because [mention=193007]dieselfan1[/mention] can start his from 200 miles?? Not sure why you’d want too but it’s pretty damn cool, you could get the truck warmed up for the GF when you’re away. 

January 2018. It’s through the GM App. 9d55f95169e59204bdda1695b1f716ae.jpg

Sent from above
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SS502 said:

When did you buy your truck? I assume this is only available through OnStar (the app) I guess it works like my garage door opener because @dieselfan1 can start his from 200 miles?? Not sure why you’d want too but it’s pretty damn cool, you could get the truck warmed up for the GF when you’re away. 

I started the truck my wife drives (2018 Silverado) when she was visiting my daughter in Wisconsin during the middle of the night after she told me it had been sitting for 4 days during that cold snap we had 2 weeks ago. The temperature was -33F. I started it twice but probably didn't need to but it was peace of mind for me since they had to take my 10 month old granddaughter to the doctor in the morning and I wanted to make sure it was going to start. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I started the truck my wife drives (2018 Silverado) when she was visiting my daughter in Wisconsin during the middle of the night after she told me it had been sitting for 4 days during that cold snap we had 2 weeks ago. The temperature was -33F. I started it twice but probably didn't need to but it was peace of mind for me since they had to take my 10 month old granddaughter to the doctor in the morning and I wanted to make sure it was going to start. 

That's almost better than pockets LOL... I can't even imagine that kind of cold. Congats Grandpa...I can not think of a better reason for doing what you did (Granddaughter) and I may have to get OnStar now :thumbs:  So which one is the wife's? The Silver one?

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

Question, does the app let you load multiple GM vehicles?

On 2/10/2019 at 5:22 AM, CadillacLuke24 said:

Is INSANE!

At the hospital I work at, I will occasionally park in the west parking garage, and I work in the center tower, which is easily a football field away. After clocking out, I head down to the 4th floor which has a window where I can see the west parking garage. If I'm in the line of sight, I can get remote start to work no problem!

Anyone else have good tales of impressive fob range?

I agree that these GM remotes are pretty darn good.

I work from home and my office is on the back side of the basement

My other vehicles are in the garage, so my Sierra 1500 is in the driveway about halfway down to the road.

I can start my truck sitting at my desk -with absolutely no line of site or windows.

Nice on warm summer days with the AC coming on, but more awesome to have the heat come on when it's 9f and snowing like crazy. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, SS502 said:

That's almost better than pockets LOL... I can't even imagine that kind of cold. Congats Grandpa...I can not think of a better reason for doing what you did (Granddaughter) and I may have to get OnStar now :thumbs:  So which one is the wife's? The Silver one?

Yes she calls it The Silver Bullet

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 9:28 AM, SS502 said:

Question, does the app let you load multiple GM vehicles?

It does.

I accidentally started my other truck in the garage once when I wasn't home. I could tell when I got home and the garage smelled like exhaust. Yuck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 5:22 AM, CadillacLuke24 said:

Is INSANE!

At the hospital I work at, I will occasionally park in the west parking garage, and I work in the center tower, which is easily a football field away. After clocking out, I head down to the 4th floor which has a window where I can see the west parking garage. If I'm in the line of sight, I can get remote start to work no problem!

Anyone else have good tales of impressive fob range?

My fob range seems to be pretty good. However I use the APP all the time for remote start since it doesn't really matter where I am, I can start 'er up!