In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me.  My 2019 Sierra Denali did an update and I lost both profiles.  I have re-added the profiles but the messaging app that used to be there is no longer available.  Any ideas on where I might be able to find the app?

I don't know why GM changed there text messaging with this years model, it used to be so nice and easy.

First Question....Did you check the Apps Icon to see if the Messaging App was present along with the other Apps? ie TWC, Spotify etc. If it is you must select it and re-install the App.

If not there, give it a few days to see if it reappears in the list of Apps. Ensure the Messaging App is not located on the other screen with a swipe right. Login with the different Profiles

to see if the Messaging App shows up. Call Onstar and get directed to the Connectivity or Infotainment Units and explain your problem. Be prepared to be passed back and forth and be parked.

I had it disappeared once and it took the intervention of someone from GM to place it back in my Apps Drawer. Hopefully they have instructed Onstar how to take care of this problem by now.

Upon checking my system after the V509 Update, my Messaging App disappeared from my Apps Drawer. The Messaging App also was gone from the 2nd Profile. It was present on the 1st Profile. Calling Onstar resulted in transferring my call to the Connectivity Center.  Explaining the problem to the Advisor resulted in them going to investigate the problem. A few minutes later, the waiting voice prompts turned to Spanish and after seven minutes of waiting, I disconnected the call to take care of something. I gotta freshen up on my foreign languages I guess.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

My app is gone as well. Not that big of a deal though. Im not too concerned about messages while Im driving anyway. 

This is a response from GM on the Messaging App

"To offer Members like you the most innovative experience we can, we routinely evaluate our services and make changes to ensure you’re getting the very best from your Chevrolet vehicle. In that spirit, we have decided to remove the Messages app from the Chevrolet app shop. Members may utilize phone projection and voice assistants as an alternative means to continue to meet their messaging needs while in the vehicle. However, Chevrolet urges all customers to prioritize safety and minimize driver distraction.

Having said that, since you are a user of this app and a loyal customer we have added the app back to your shop app for a one time download again.  Please let me know once you have download the app and it is working as it did before.  After this, you will not be able to download the app again for any of your profiles or future vehicles. "

I Thanked them for the response and also stated since the App came with the vehicle, it should be available for that vehicle at all times. Since another update I am sure will make it disappear. My Message App did reappear a few days after my update to Build Version V509. Maybe GM should allow Android Auto to connect thru wifi to the phone instead of the cable connection.

Hi, I just bought a 2019 Blazer and the text app I had in my 2015 Traverse is no longer available. How can I install it in Blazer MyLink?? 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, BlazerRs said:

Hi, I just bought a 2019 Blazer and the text app I had in my 2015 Traverse is no longer available. How can I install it in Blazer MyLink?? 

I'm not sure you can install it yourself manually, I believe it is pushed via OTA from gm, and if you read the post right above yours, it looks like your Blazer most likely did not come with the app since they're not making it available anymore.