SiriusXM on a 2019

As I look through the build your own truck options on the Chevy website, it looks like in the most popular LT and RST trim, you need to add Convince Package II with a Bose radio and rear slide window in order to get SiriusXM. Most of the trucks I see in LT and RST don't have that package. Can anyone confirm that their truck did or did not have SiriusXM without Convenience Package II? This could be a big surprise for people just assuming their new truck had SiriusXM on the base LT trim like it always did on the 14 to 18s37c9f5b0854cbc918b4b44d7a5b868b5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ShamrockShooter said:

As I look through the build your own truck options on the Chevy website, it looks like in the most popular LT and RST trim, you need to add Convince Package II with a Bose radio and rear slide window in order to get SiriusXM. Most of the trucks I see in LT and RST don't have that package. Can anyone confirm that their truck did or did not have SiriusXM without Convenience Package II? This could be a big surprise for people just assuming their new truck had SiriusXM on the base LT trim like it always did on the 14 to 18s37c9f5b0854cbc918b4b44d7a5b868b5.jpg

I believe this means you get 3 months free instead of 1.

The LT “All Star” I had as a loaner had no option for Sirius XM. Even if it didn’t have an active subscription, the tuner would have been available if it had it. XM has a preview channel that’s always up and running for free. XM is also not listed in the standard features.

The LT trim is just really sad for this body style. A lot of things that used to be standard are just gone, and some not even available anymore, like fog lights. They really moved it down a peg.

Well if I read the screenshot from the Chevy website again, it says convenience package II only adds Bose radio on RST and LT trail boss. So normal LT would get SXM but no Bose on that package. At least that is how I read it.

4 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

It is almost starting to feel like GM stripped a bunch of standard features from these trucks so they can claim credit under "what's new" when they add them back to the 2020 models.

I think it has more to do with pushing you into a higher optioned, more expensive truck. 

Order guide:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21483&section=oi_def&page=3&butID=3

I made a trim level notation on the footnotes that call out any specific option packages. 

SiriusXM Radio, enjoy a 3-month All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the app and online is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM.

1 - Included and only available with (ZLA) Infotainment Package. IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.  THIS APPLIES TO CUSTOM AND CUSTOM TRAIL BOSS.

2 - Included and only available with (PCM) Convenience Package II. IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.  THIS APPLIES TO LT, RST and LT TRAIL BOSS.

SXM is standard on LTZ and High Country.  At GMC, its standard on SLT, AT4 and Denali.

Personal thought on SXM.  I hate it.  Same 15 songs on loop, digitized sound quality.  And I think that personal media push (iTunes media, podcasts, Pandora, Stitcher, etc.) has something to do with the decontenting of SXM.   

Edited by newdude

24 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Well if I read the screenshot from the Chevy website again, it says convenience package II only adds Bose radio on RST and LT trail boss. So normal LT would get SXM but no Bose on that package. At least that is how I read it.

Correct. Which isn’t exactly new as you couldn’t get the Bose in the LT / SLE of the K2 series either.  But what IS new... is that the non-Bose stereo to me sounds awful and is a big downgrade from the standard stereo of years past. Also worth noting that the non-HD camera that you’re stuck with unless you get the CP II is awful too, especially in low light. Also a downgrade from the LT/ SLE of years past.

Seems like they are indeed pushing people up a trim level. If I had a nicely equipped LT/ SLE K2 truck, I’d be really let down moving into the same trim on the T1. One of the reasons I jumped from SLE to LTZ.

Order guide:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21483&section=oi_def&page=3&butID=3

I made a trim level notation on the footnotes that call out any specific option packages. 

SiriusXM Radio, enjoy a 3-month All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the app and online is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM.

1 - Included and only available with (ZLA) Infotainment Package. IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.  THIS APPLIES TO CUSTOM AND CUSTOM TRAIL BOSS.

2 - Included and only available with (PCM) Convenience Package II. IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.  THIS APPLIES TO LT, RST and LT TRAIL BOSS.

I agree that the audio quality is not the best but I drive often between two fm radio markets and into a very rural area to our hunting camp with very little FM, so SXM has become a welcome feature. I also get the SXM app thrown in when I update my 6 month subscription so I can listen all day at work when on wifi. For the $5 a month it costs me, I get a lot of use out of it. I wouldn't buy a truck without it.

13 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Correct. Which isn’t exactly new as you couldn’t get the Bose in the LT / SLE of the K2 series either.  But what IS new... is that the non-Bose stereo to me sounds awful and is a big downgrade from the standard stereo of years past. Also worth noting that the non-HD camera that you’re stuck with unless you get the CP II is awful too, especially in low light. Also a downgrade from the LT/ SLE of years past.

Seems like they are indeed pushing people up a trim level. If I had a nicely equipped LT/ SLE K2 truck, I’d be really let down moving into the same trim on the T1. One of the reasons I jumped from SLE to LTZ.

I'm pretty sure you could get Bose on the K2 LT/SLE. 

3 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

You are correct, big surprise  to me. Ordered my Trail Boss before you could build one online so I and dealer didn't realize that there was no xm without getting the convenience II package. Was standard on my 10, 12, 14 and 15. Really Po'd me for a while. Over it now, got unlimited access on my on star so I can just stream from my I phone , Pandora, amazon music, xm app, or I heart. Does kind of suck that it's not there when you thought it would be.