Interesting Article Segment I Found Regarding Disabling of AFM

Ehhh I don’t know but I only seriously started thinking about the Range after my service manager told me one of the reasons he decided to buy a Titan because they don’t have AFM. Lee Buick/GMC owns the Nissan dealership too and he’s been there for a while. We were talking about the transmission shudder problems and the new fluid. He said some people mistakenly thought they were having transmission issues when it was the V8 to V4 transitions. I never “felt” mine but certainly heard it.

I never heard or felt mine. Interesting..... being that it may cause damage turning off the AFM, I may just set it back

Sent from above

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I never heard or felt mine. Interesting..... being that it may cause damage turning off the AFM, I may just set it back

Sent from above

Are you basing that on this thread? I’m not convinced having it disabled is bad. 

10 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

Only heard it when I went to the Borla...stock I couldn’t hear it either

9 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

It references the non GDI Gen4 L94 and L99 engines. “As long as a lifter hasn’t started to fail, you can get by with a less-expensive disabler as preventative maintenance.“

• Like 1

It references the non GDI Gen4 L94 and L99 engines. “As long as a lifter hasn’t started to fail, you can get by with a less-expensive disabler as preventative maintenance.“

Preventative maintenance? I think it’s relevant towards ours too

Sent from above
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

Am I missing something? Turning it off as preventative maintenance means turning off the AFM, you said you were going to set it back to AFM on?? I’m confused ? 

4 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

I was just letting you know it was an article about the Gen 4 but AFM OFF as preventative maintenance is exactly what I’m doing.

• Like 1

I was just letting you know it was an article about the Gen 4 but AFM OFF as preventative maintenance is exactly what I’m doing.

In the truck now, just realized I’ve got an extended 100k warranty, turned it back on but running performance and turned off speed limiter, adjusted tire size

Sent from above
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

In the truck now, just realized I’ve got an extended 100k warranty, turned it back on but running performance and turned off speed limiter, adjusted tire size

Sent from above

Nice on the extended warranty and tire size ?

• Like 1