Interesting Article Segment I Found Regarding Disabling of AFM

On 2/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, GN2018 said:

I wouldn't rely on them not saying anything means they don't know about your tune.  Most likely, they just don't care.  They may not have cared at all or just didn't care to look for it.  Given that the issue you had had nothing to do with the tune, they probably just fixed it and went on with their business.  The mechanic gets paid to fix, not to be the tune police.  If your engine were to blow up and GM got involved, I have no doubt they will know that you tuned your truck.  Whether or not they do anything about it, I don't know, but there is no way for you to prevent GM from knowing you tuned your truck.  Eff'n OnStar probably sends them a report every time you change something.

Twice since i have had the range plugged in onstar said i had something plugged into the obd port.

My experience with an older gen AFM system. I bought a 2008 Impala SS with 85k miles about a year ago. Changed the oil and a little while later I get a light saying my oil is low. I check it and it barely registers in the stick. I'm like, WTF, I know I put oil back in the thing. Topped it off and kept on eye on it. It was using over a quart of oil every 1k miles. I have a HP Tuners interface so I licensed the PCM and disabled the AFM. Now it doesn't appear to be using any oil. Looks like th MPGs might have dropped 1 or so.

I wonder where this oil is going. It isn't leaking, and it isn't in the water, so I assume it is being burned. That sure can't be good for the catalytic converter to be burning a quart of oil in less than 1k miles.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:05 PM, GMC #1 said:

I had hoped by not letting it go into 4 mode I wouldn't have this problem.

If I get mine back correctly reassembled... I will plug the Range in before I leave the dealer...

Catch will go back on after I get it home 

I'm really surprised you would put that catch can back on.  The marketing manipulation is strong with those things.  

I'd trust GM engineers with making a catch can, but some internet website opportunist - no way.