Sign in to follow this  
Zombee

Philadelphia, 2000 GMC Sierra 4.8L RWD, 187k miles

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 4.8l rwd at 187k miles, I still drive this truck every day as of 2-12-19. Dual exhaust, clean/strong engine and trans. I've had it for 2 years, got it at 157k miles. Only thing I had to replace is the hard brake lines and one caliper. Reason for selling is I'm buying a used 2005 sierra 1500hd or 2005 Silverado 1500hd. The toolbox does not come with it. Location Philadelphia or close by, clean title. 

Screenshot_20190211-203841_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190211-203854_Gallery.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Alec DiAstra
      GM recalls 160,000 pickup trucks in Canada for fire risks, nothing announced in US yet
      As of right now there is a recall for all GM 1500's years 2014-2018 that have both a rear window defogger and a power sliding rear window. 
      https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/gm-recall-pickup-trucks-canada-fire-risks/

That recall has not been expanded to the US.

I Just got off the phone with GM and filed a request to have the recall expanded to the US. I would encourage everyone who this applies to in this forum to do the same. It takes about 5-10 min but could save us all a lot of hassle later. 

HAVE YOUR VIN READY
      Call GM @1 (866) 522-9559
      Reference this recall number:
      Manufacturer Recall Number
      N192220470
      (This is the recall number from GM in Canada)
      (reference: 
      https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/search-recherche/detail.aspx?lang=eng&mk=0&md=0&fy=0&ty=9999&ft=&ls=0&sy=0&rn=2019325&cf=SearchResult&pg=50)

They will tell you that the recall only applies in Canada and not to your VIN. 
      Express to them that the recall needs to be expanded to the US since our vehicles are also affected. 

Please post here if you have called GM (just so we can keep track) 
      Please also post if you have experienced this issue (smoke, glass breakage, etc) 

Affected components: electrical – rear window defroster on trucks equipped with the power sliding rear window.
      Affected vehicles:
      2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2015-2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado LD 2014-2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2015-2019 GMC Sierra HD 2014-2018 GMC Sierra LD  

It may be a good idea to sticky this topic. 

• By midwestdenaliguy
      2016-2018 GMC Sierra Elevation grille that's been professionally painted black. This is a brand new OEM grille. I ordered it and decided to go with a different style grille, absolutely nothing wrong with this grille. Shipping to continental US is free, local pick-up near St Louis MO. Price is $500.

• By truck_newbie
      Hi all, this is my first ever truck. Came from a ’16 Cadillac CTS which gave me non-stop issues. Decided it was time to try something else. I replaced the CTS with a ’19 Sierra AT4 6.2 fully loaded not too long ago and really loving this truck. Almost too much tech. That 6.2 engine is easily excited 😁. Still getting used to driving and parking such a big vehicle having driven sedans all my life.

My biggest peeve so far is that I almost wrecked it during my first week. I hit a medium bump on the road going 35mph and lost control of the truck as it swerved violently into the left lane. Luckily for me, there was no vehicle in the left lane as I think I would have probably hit it. Really shook me for a while. Chalked it up to not being used to driving a truck. After reading this forum quite a bit, I’ve come to the realization it could be a problem with this generation of the Sierra/Silverado. I’m now extremely careful when I go over bumps because it feels like the truck is sliding. I’ll be monitoring that thread to see if a solution crops up.

Anyways, happy to join this community. Hope you are all nice 🙂.

• By Jake Workman
      I currently drive a 2012 4.8 4x4 silverado regular cab longbox and found a 2010 Denali truck that is super cheap because the front end was smashed up. I'm wondering if my front end peices will fit on it and if my drivetrain will work with the rear end gears . What issues will I run into with the swap ? Electrical and mechanical? Unfortunately the 6.2 and transmission won't be coming with the truck shell. I'm just curious if it's even worth the swap. Thanks in advance