Zane

RUMOR MILL: Is GM Cooking Up A High Performance LT4 Equipped Escalade & Silverado?

I had a 2003 Silverado Quadra Steer.

Great In theory but proved to be a bad idea for daily driving.

Very harsh riding truck. Felt like the rear had no suspension at all.

I did love the dropped mouths at the gas station though. People used to tell me my truck was broke! LOL

If would be hard to build a double cab Chevy for that. And a little more you get warranty. If I wasn't retired I'd be all over that for my work truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Chainesaw said:

Wonder if they have adjusted their pricing, the article is a year old but still even a year ago, that's a pretty slick deal.

Won't be buying another Ford after the last two. 5.0 is a great engine, but after two Fords in a row with electrical problems, they ain't fooling me again. 

• Like 1

Sounds like Fix Or Repair Daily strikes again! 

Seriously though, sorry to hear that. 

Sierra Dan, sounds like you answered my question about why the QuadraSteer was not a popular option. I thought it was a great concept, and wondered why it never sold well. 

On 2/13/2019 at 6:48 AM, Daverado said:

My first car was a Typhoon... :thumbs:

I still have my Maggie Supercharged Quadrasteer Denali.  It's got similar power to the L86/L87 '19, but a lot less interesting to drive.  A double-edged sword.  The main reason I'd rather it had 4WD though is the 9mpg city, 13mpg highway.

My dream car when i was a teenager was to buy a syclone, though being in high school at the time they were released i didn't have a chance lol.

Still to this day imo the baddest truck gm ever built! 

I have been hearing rumors of a lt4 blazer so in reality i doubt any of these are anything more then rumors unfortunately. Maybe if they rename the Silverado the Silvervette or Silvermaro it might trick the higher ups who only give the Corvette and Camaro any goodies into throwing the people who have kept and continue to keep this company afloat, us truck buyers a bone for once!!

4 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Sierra Dan, sounds like you answered my question about why the QuadraSteer was not a popular option. I thought it was a great concept, and wondered why it never sold well. 

Also didn't help that it was sometimes marketed as a great towing feature, yet it was never offered on anything but a half ton.  Price probably sucked too.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Escalades are already currently "North" of 100k

Example:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/761180229/overview/

You're right I saw one at a local dealer sticker was $104,979 ouch.

So add supercharger add $10,000 I guess.

17 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Luke, the QuadraSteer concept was great in theory but proved to be somewhat of a mechanical nightmare.

Then GM came out with the Hybrid Tahoe in the GMT900 platform and that was flop as well.

Chevyguy85, you nailed it on the price. IIRC it was a $3400--$4000 option, and based on Sierra Dan's experiences NOT worth the trouble.

Did you have issues with yours Sierra Dan? 

LOL the hybrid GMT900s made me laugh. All that pain in the butt for such relatively small gains. Little more than virtue signalling by GM :rolleyes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Chevyguy85, you nailed it on the price. IIRC it was a $3400--$4000 option, and based on Sierra Dan's experiences NOT worth the trouble.

Did you have issues with yours Sierra Dan? 

LOL the hybrid GMT900s made me laugh. All that pain in the butt for such relatively small gains. Little more than virtue signalling by GM :rolleyes:

My buddy had one of those hybrids.  We called it the golf cart and they'd use it while hunting b/c it was quiet.  I told him not to buy it, coming from a GM fan you'd think he'd listen, he didn't.  The towing capacity was reduced on them compared to the non hybrids, the mileage gain was negligible.  I forgot the reason he ended up getting rid of it but he has an F150 now I think and likes it a lot better.  Love how people never listen to me lol

• Like 1

Gm needs to do something.  Dodge has the Durango SRT, Ford is coming out with the Explorer ST, GM has the ... Oh wait.   In my family we have always had GM vehicles with performance engines over the years, Impala SS (95-96), Silverado SS, Trailblazer SS, GTO's and Corvettes.  Now we have a Ram, Challenger Hellcat, Charger SRT 392, and a 16 Sierra All Terrain X.   Gm has been really slacking with their performance options unless you want a Corvette or Camaro.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:31 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

Sure that makes sense. Put your most powerful motor in your largest school buss want'-a-be and load it with so much crap you might as well buy a RCSB with 4.3 and supercharge it. Be just about as many takers. 

Hear there building a new Motel 6 east of town for all these rumors too! Tom Bodett is actually going to be running it. 

We'll keep the lights on for either rumor.  :lurk:

Your missing the point. .GM's point of this is not about overall performance but rather about overall sales/profit 

Crew cab profits >>> Regular cap profits . 

Why make a 45k RC when you can make a 75k Crew cab ?