2013 2500hd 6.0 poor fuel economy

20 hours ago, Wollmann said:

I have almost 90,000 miles on it. I've run a few tanks of high octane fuel through it with no better results. I've come to accept that I'm stuck with a gas guzzler. :sigh:

Yeah, that's not really considered "high" miles for a 6.0. If you had over 200k of hard working miles, then I was going to suggest that maybe the old girl is just getting tired, haha. And, usually a bat catalytic converter or 02 sensor will throw a code. Is the CEL on?

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

This and to make sure your air filter is clean and that all the tires are at correct pressure.  The cold will allow them to drop in pressure which will kill MPG.

Those are good suggestions as well. Both will have negative impacts on MPG. 

I've thought about trading in for a diesel, but I really don't want to go through another 7 years of truck payments. Even if I would cut my fuel costs in half it would take many years to make up for the extra $40,000.00 or so that I pay out on a diesel. 

Don't forget that some tires offer less rolling resistance than others.  Same when an alignment is out too.  Run some bottles of Techron through some top-tier fuel through the tank.  But really, towing a sail behind you is what it is.

So, @riverbanks, I saw that you mentioned that my truck is finnicky. I think you're right. Fueled up at one of my preferred gas stations last week and right aways my CEL came on. I'm not engine savvy at all, but would this be an indication that by o2's may need replacing?