2014-2016 Brake Recall Soon? - Vacuum Pump Failure

11 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

You might get the Recall?  Ferd just recalled 1.5Million trucks...so GM might squeeze one in on the heels!

Only took the 8 years LOL, it covers their 2011-2013 6 speeds...can always hope though!!

Edited by SS502

1 minute ago, njk4o5 said:

2014 110k

Well, if they do a recall your year is probably gonna be covered, even though I have some issues it’s probably not the same problem. I think they changed the vacuum pump in the 17/18 but who knows if that’s the root cause. Save your receipts if you end up paying. Sorry to hear that, you’d figure it would have happened before 110k. Sorry ? 

9 minutes ago, Eddie 70 said:

I am at 107k on my 14, so far I have had none of this issue. I hope this is one that does not cost me a wreck!!

No kidding, the post a little above you had 110k ?

On 2/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, reardiff said:

Was this issue fixed for 2017 and 2018's?  

NO, it is still a problem.

Mine failed while using hill descent control on a fire road.  2 errors on my display, brakes disengaged, and the truck quickly picked up speed rolling down hill.  I attempted to apply the brakes but the pedal was extremely stiff.  Luckily power brakes returned quickly and I was able to press brake down.  I have no idea how much force would have been needed to apply the pedal during the failure to gain any level of reasonable braking.  I only applied brakes for 1 second when my power braking returned.  I am *unsure* if the brake pedal could have been pressed hard enough to slow the truck given the hill and lack of power brake assist. 

2018 1500 5.3 CCSB Z71. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, mookdoc6 said:

You might get the Recall?  Ferd just recalled 1.5Million trucks...so GM might squeeze one in on the heels!

Don't forget about FCA's recent recall regarding 2019 RAM 1500 Brake Pedals falling off.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got it.  Of course dealership has never heard of it.  Truck goes in Wednesday.  Is there something you can physically see, like a leak.  I'll pop a cork if they come back with 'unrepeatable".

I've got it.  Of course dealership has never heard of it.  Truck goes in Wednesday.  Is there something you can physically see, like a leak.  I'll pop a cork if they come back with 'unrepeatable".
My invoice says they measured the vacuum pump at 3 where it was supposed to be like 27. If you give them the tsb number and tell them the brakes get hard after repeated slow speed stops that should be all they need.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1