2014-2016 Brake Recall Soon? - Vacuum Pump Failure

I just bought a 2016 with a warranty block. They performed the recall but the fix didn't remedy the situation. They are classing the actual changing of parts "warrenty" work and aren't willing to move forward and help. Looks like im gonna keep taking this further up as it's a huge safety issue. I see that someone got the recall done and parts replaced and it eased still an issue. Check this out. 

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/gm-brake-vacuum-pump-failures-lawsuit.shtml

• 3 months later...

I dropped my 2014 Silverado off this morning to have oil change and the software recall performed. I was just informed that they where unable to perform the recall as they don't have the part in stock.

So I asked the question that I understood that this was a "software upgrade" and that this shouldn't "require a part". The technician stated that initially that was the case but has now VERY recently changed and they will need to replace the vacuum pump and it is out of stock. This may not be the case for all years and models but IS the case for my 2014 Silverado 5.3L

2 hours ago, jwhitesides said:

I dropped my 2014 Silverado off this morning to have oil change and the software recall performed. I was just informed that they where unable to perform the recall as they don't have the part in stock.

So I asked the question that I understood that this was a "software upgrade" and that this shouldn't "require a part". The technician stated that initially that was the case but has now VERY recently changed and they will need to replace the vacuum pump and it is out of stock. This may not be the case for all years and models but IS the case for my 2014 Silverado 5.3L

So I just had the software update done for this on Wednesday. They never mentioned anything about a pump. Does this mean my truck will show up as having had it done and I'm SOL if this issue crops up? (never experienced that hard braking)

On 1/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, jonny24 said:

So I just had the software update done for this on Wednesday. They never mentioned anything about a pump. Does this mean my truck will show up as having had it done and I'm SOL if this issue crops up? (never experienced that hard braking)

IDK. I just know that on my truck they have a vacuum pump on order.

I was involved in (2) accidents from this issue. After the second one I received a letter saying to bring my truck in for repair. Sure enough (I have paper work to prove) the dealer determined my booster was operating below the pressure threshold and was replaced at no cost by the dealer. 

gm then played shady phone games with me lying to me saying ESIS, who “handles gm claims” was a 3rd party with no ties to gm only to later find out they work for gm. Either way they sent an inspector out who inspected every aspect of my truck for about 7 hours, they were trying to come back with proof that when I rear ended someone the brake was not being pressed. They can see if the air bag almost goes off. The inspection came back with nothing and Esis eventually offered me a laughable “settlement” which was “not an admission of guilt however an act of good faith by gm to repair my vehicle.”

Needless to say this has been going on for over a year, I’m not sure my truck is safe to drive and I do 110 miles a day. This whole thing has caused me severe stress and anxiety and I hope none of you have to deal with this. Luckily no one was seriously injured, but one party involved had a neck injury. Gm is a disgrace. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry just a bit dated on this thread, but like related.

I have a 2017 Silverado, 71k miles, well cared for. My brakes have been acting up at low speeds, last 4+ weeks or so. I have a good code reader, shows ‘Electronic Brake Control Module’, code C0800-5A.

This truck doesn’t currently have any recalls active. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon, I don’t plan to throw the checkbook at the issue. I think it should of been taken care of.