$7000 off msrp

On 2/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, Sierra Dan said:

Truck Month might be in March for GM, but do not expect as big of a tax refund to help pay for your 2019 :(

Just WOW...

To all the lefty's that have a hard time understanding our tax concept as i see the media has now turned to this new narrative since the fake hate crime hoax can't be bleed dry anymore, is to tell americans that they will get a lesser tax return. You see and i know it's a concept that might seem hard to grasp to the left, but when you pay less in income taxes you will get less back come tax time. If you like the government keeping your income interest free to them, you have the option to have your salary deducted at a higher tax rate and guess what will happen at tax time, you get a higher return of course minus the interest you would've received having it sit in your own bank.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Just WOW...

To all the lefty's that have a hard time understanding our tax concept as i see the media has now turned to this new narrative since the fake hate crime hoax can't be bleed dry anymore, is to tell americans that they will get a lesser tax return. You see and i know it's a concept that might seem hard to grasp to the left, but when you pay less in income taxes you will get less back come tax time. If you like the government keeping your income interest free to them, you have the option to have your salary deducted at a higher tax rate and guess what will happen at tax time, you get a higher return of course minus the interest you would've received having it sit in your own bank.

Meh, the post you were replying to wasn't political, so why this political diatribe in response?  Relax bro.

None of the noise about refund or withholding matters.  Talking about taxes on those terms is like negotiating the monthly payment on a car with a dealer lol.  The bottom line isn't withholding, and it's not refund size.  It's "tax due".

Many American returns have higher tax due this year due to Trump's tax break that primarily benefits the wealthy and large corporations.  They are getting smaller refunds as a result if they haven't changed their withholding.

There are penalties for under withholding.  Smart people pay a bit extra in to avoid penalties.  The real trick is not paying too much extra, and sometimes that's complicated when you have multiple jobs, or investments, or side businesses on ebay/etsy/whathaveyou.  Many Americans are in at least one of these more complicated situations.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daverado said:

Many American returns have higher tax due this year due to Trump's tax break that primarily benefits the wealthy and large corporations.  They are getting smaller refunds as a result if they haven't changed their withholding.

Amen Daverado. :thumbs:  Thank you for reading my mind.

This was my point exactly. I was not politicizing this thread with bringing up taxes. Just making a simple fact that less money you have, the less likely you are to spend.

Not willing or able to spend more means reduced new/used car sales and that contributes to a more stagnant economy.

A higher refund especially for a family would allow them to upgrade an older vehicle. Not necessarily a new one but maybe even a great pre-owned.

After-all, isn't that what helps drive the economy? Consumer spending? How is that possible if there is less money in one's pocket.

They could take that higher refund and use to pay sales tax in their state for licensing. Depending on state and vehicle that could be thousands.

IMHO, a family that wants or needs to upgrade their ride does note equate to "blowing it on something silly". 

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Amen Daverado. :thumbs:  Thank you for reading my mind.

This was my point exactly. I was not politicizing this thread with bringing up taxes. Just making a simple fact that less money you have, the less likely you are to spend.

Not willing or able to spend more means reduced new/used car sales and that contributes to a more stagnant economy.

A higher refund especially for a family would allow them to upgrade an older vehicle. Not necessarily a new one but maybe even a great pre-owned.

After-all, isn't that what helps drive the economy? Consumer spending? How is that possible if there is less money in one's pocket.

They could take that higher refund and use to pay sales tax in their state for licensing. Depending on state and vehicle that could be thousands.

IMHO, a family that wants or needs to upgrade their ride does note equate to "blowing it on something silly". 

31 minutes ago, Daverado said:

Meh, the post you were replying to wasn't political, so why this political diatribe in response?  Relax bro.

None of the noise about refund or withholding matters.  Talking about taxes on those terms is like negotiating the monthly payment on a car with a dealer lol.  The bottom line isn't withholding, and it's not refund size.  It's "tax due".

There are penalties for under withholding.  Smart people pay a bit extra in to avoid penalties.  The real trick is not paying too much extra, and sometimes that's complicated when you have multiple jobs, or investments, or side businesses on ebay/etsy/whathaveyou.  Many Americans are in at least one of these more complicated situations.

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

Just WOW...

Please take your arguments about taxes somewhere else. I come to GM-TRUCKS to talk about trucks there are plenty other places to pound your chest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife does taxes for aarp for free this time of year. Most people are getting less in return because they got more weekly. This of course is lower middle class and upper middle class. The poor especially with children are getting more. These are the facts. Business are befitting from less regulations, I know I own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

This Site and these forums are not for political arguments.

Apparently I have started this snowball rolling downhill without really intending to.

Long before the media became involved in reporting on the tax overhaul pros and cons, my trusted Tax person advised my wife and I this time last year to prepare.

My facts came from this person and not the television, radio or anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fair enough Dan, taxes are always a hot button issue and everyone has strong opinions (although I’m sure we’d all prefer paying less). The constant 24hr news cycle is one of the reasons I come here to escape. :cool:

• Like 1

I did see the 0% for 72. But it looks like you lose most of the other incentives so it might not be that good of a deal if you give up $3,500 in incentives to save $3500 in interest. I also don't like the 0% as you carry a higher balance and if you Total the car pulling out of the dealer you might be upside down on the loan.

I was kind of bummed to see the 0% didn't apply to the LT trail boss as far as I could tell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk