So Tell Us About Dynamic Fuel Management in Your 2019 T1's

So I am interested in what you 2019 T1 owners have to say about the Dynamic Skip Fire or Dynamic Fuel Management operation in your new trucks.

Especially those of you who have moved from an AFM on K2.

Do you notice the new system benefiting MPG?

Can you feel the engine switching around?

Is it more seamless compared to AFM?

Any negative transmission shifting from time to time either 8 or 10 speed?

The big difference is that there is no longer the V8 V4 red green indicator on the instrument cluster.

That said, do you even notice when the switching takes place?

I know how annoying the AFM was on my 2009 Tahoe and when I'm in ECO mode on my 14 Vette and I can honestly say that while I think I may have felt it working i'm not 100% sure it was. Basically it's very seamless so far but I have no idea how it's working for MPG's. So far so good.  

I cannot tell that it's shutting down cylinders. It has been imperceptible, to me, so far.

As far as MPG, my new 6.2 is getting the same MPG's as my old 5.3 so I'm pretty happy with it.

The only thing I worry about is longevity at this point...it's just too new to know.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Negative.

GM dropped that for 2019 T1

In stock form (without the GM performance exhaust some claim as stock) it really was seamless on my 2018 6.2L so the indicator was just something that looked unique. I only noticed through my ears after I installed the Borla ATAK which is pretty aggressive. It was probably a novelty at some point but really not required. I really only have concerns for system failure which is maybe not real common but with my history, I would be part of the 1% LOL Oh I'm sorry this is T1XX thread, but I guess it's justified as for the removal of the indicator :D

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

Not a new truck, but on my 18 6.2 8spd I can't ever feel the transition from 8 to 4 and back...., on my 15 6 spd I could feel quite a clunk, and ironically back when I had an 06 Impala SS with a 5.3 I could not feel the transition from 8 to 4. 

Edited by SILVER SLED

I had a 15 5.3L. With a short commute I would fill up every 2 weeks like clock work every other Monday morning. Same commute in my 19 5.3L and would fill up in 8 days. 

8 spd shifts flawlessly so far and can’t feel the switching to V4

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

So I am interested in what you 2019 T1 owners have to say about the Dynamic Skip Fire or Dynamic Fuel Management operation in your new trucks.

Especially those of you who have moved from an AFM on K2.

Do you notice the new system benefiting MPG?

Can you feel the engine switching around?

Is it more seamless compared to AFM?

Any negative transmission shifting from time to time either 8 or 10 speed?

The big difference is that there is no longer the V8 V4 red green indicator on the instrument cluster.

That said, do you even notice when the switching takes place?

I have not noticed it at all.  It is very seamless and I have a electric exhaust cutout on mine that dumps before the muffler.  When the cutout is open, it honestly always sounds like a v8.  Even though it switches, you don't hear it or feel it.  

I have not noticed it going back and forth.  At least not like on our 2016 Suburban. 

The only indication that I can tell is when on flat country roads doing 55 I can see my Instant mpg move back and forth more than when on the interstate doing 75. 

But it isn't noticable at all.  The suburban I can tell when it goes to V4 by the vibration I can feel and hear a difference in tone in the engine.    But with the 6.2 on the 2019 it is seemless.

Thanks Drew.

Do you notice or feel the switching back and forth ?

I do not, once in awhile if I turn the radio off and I really pay attention I can fell / hear a slight tiny lugging / vibration in which I assume is the AFM, but I really have to try to feel it and I'm not even 100% sure thats what it is! 

54 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I do not, once in awhile if I turn the radio off and I really pay attention I can fell / hear a slight tiny lugging / vibration in which I assume is the AFM, but I really have to try to feel it and I'm not even 100% sure thats what it is! 

That sounds similar to what I experience with my Sierra.  You can feel a slight minor tugging sensation and a very subtle vibration.

That sounds similar to what I experience with my Sierra.  You can feel a slight minor tugging sensation and a very subtle vibration.

Yes, and if you weren't actually trying to notice it you probably wouldn't.