So Tell Us About Dynamic Fuel Management in Your 2019 T1's

Can't even tell it's there. On my first tank of gas ( purchased with 6 miles on the OD) I am going to get around 370miles on the first tank. 80% highway but a lot of idle and not taking it easy in the "city". - crew cab trail boss.

My 16 expedition 2wd with 3.31 rear Ecoboost averaged around 18 with a lot of highway. If this truck gets the same or even slightly less I will be impressed and very happy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm blown away by the responsive feel of the 6.2 in the 2019, compared to my '11 6.2 (tuned) and '18 5.3. I don't feel or hear the DFM changes at all and there doesn't seem to be any lag time when I get into the throttle suddenly. Mileage is outstanding. Photos below are the DIC on a recent 250 mile trip; about half interstate (60 to 65 mph) and half state highways through the Coast Range mountains (45 to 60) and a few little towns to go slow through (20 to 35).

I've been recording all my gas use in stupid detail, and the DIC guesstimate on mileage is running right at 1.5 percent high compared to 3000+ miles of my gas purchase records.

trip mileage.jpg

best 50 mi.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just remember that rear axle gear ratio, tire pressure, ethanol free vs 10% ethanol, winter vs summer gas, uphill/downhill, into wind or tailwind, and outside temp are going to play a big factor too in comparing mpg from one truck to another.

The TFL youtube truck guys just did a 100 mile loop in a 19 4x4 with the 2.7 turbo and got 24.2 mpg hand calculated using the same pump and 70 mph speed. Think the DIC was 24.3.

Your results are promising for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Some good points, ShamrockShooter. My truck has the 3.42 gears, 18" wheels with 265/65R18 tires, 35 lb in all four tires. I use 10% ethanol 92 octane premium Chevron gas (winter blend, I assume, on this trip). Temp was in the mid- to hi-40s, not much wind or precipitation. Up-and-down terrain but not any huge elevation changes (less than 1,000 feet).

"Your mileage may vary."

• 2 weeks later...

I also posted this in another thread, but thought it might be useful in this one as well.

So, driving set on L7 SEEMS like it might turn the DFM function down if not off.  I can clearly notice the DFM on my truck at 1300 rpm with light throttle.  Feels like a cell phone on vibrate ringing in the center console. I even took it to the dealer to have it checked out because I thought it couldn't possibly by normal.  Of course they told me it was and that I was "essentially feeling a miss-fire".  I am not sure I buy that, but either way when I put it in L7 I don't feel that.  Now I didn't have a long drive, but in D I can make it go in DFM on command.  If it was there with the L7, it was so much more subtle it was undetectable which is the way I understood it should be.  So I won't say without a doubt the DFM function isn't working at all in L7, but if it is I sure can't tell.  What I'm curious of is if maybe it is working but just not dropping as many cylinders so I can't feel it.  Dropping down to 2 or possibly even 1 cylinder (I think I read that) is a bit drastic for a V8.  Personally I want all 8 all the time.  I paid for a V8, so I don't understand why it's not even an option to me whether or not I want to use this function.

1 hour ago, Robwcormack said:

I can clearly notice the DFM on my truck at 1300 rpm with light throttle.  Feels like a cell phone on vibrate ringing in the center console.

Many K2 owners report this buzzing/light vibration feeling starting at 1500 RPMs and ranging up to about 1900 RPMs.

Only difference is the vibration is in the drivers floorboard area. 

No fix has been found or reported. On the other hand no major engine problems are being reported either. So dealers chalk it up as "Normal"

Some trucks have it, some do not.

57 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Many K2 owners report this buzzing/light vibration feeling starting at 1500 RPMs and ranging up to about 1900 RPMs.

Only difference is the vibration is in the drivers floorboard area. 

No fix has been found or reported. On the other hand no major engine problems are being reported either. So dealers chalk it up as "Normal"

Some trucks have it, some do not.

Mine actually does it very rarely after 1500.  1200-1500 I can actually make it do it.  And you can feel it in the floor, center console, and pedals.

On 14/02/2019 at 11:25 AM, Eds240z06 said:

I had a 15 5.3L. With a short commute I would fill up every 2 weeks like clock work every other Monday morning. Same commute in my 19 5.3L and would fill up in 8 days. 

8 spd shifts flawlessly so far and can’t feel the switching to V4

So your 19 is getting worse fuel economy than your 15 was? Are you still in the break in period? 

16 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

So your 19 is getting worse fuel economy than your 15 was? Are you still in the break in period? 

OnTheReal pointed out to me that the tank is smaller on the 19. Im averaging 19mpg with a hi of 24mpg according to the display. Pretty much what I was getting with the 15.

On 14/02/2019 at 2:59 PM, aseibel said:

It reminds me of our 4 cylinder tacoma at work, when you want to pass someone, it first tries to accelerate in top gear before it downshifts and makes a similar sound/feeling.

Sounds similar to my wife's Corolla (4AT). When I drive her car, I've taken to manually shifting down to third or second rather than having to put the accelerator on the floor and hold it there until it decides to go. 

33 minutes ago, Eds240z06 said:

OnTheReal pointed out to me that the tank is smaller on the 19. Im averaging 19mpg with a hi of 24mpg according to the display. Pretty much what I was getting with the 15.

But it's only 2 gallons smaller. Do you drive the truck on weekends? Is it filling up after 8 days of driving vs 14, or vs 10?