Any supercharged 6.2 owners that can give some feedback?

I’ve had several boosted trucks. Anyone with basic knowledge can install one. Your already required to run premium gas, so the tune can’t be that wild. If you can get a car fax and it has a warranty your covered. Although there was a thread yesterday about a boosted new Ford for under 40K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be too worried about the reliability either. Look at the cars Chevy does with superchargers. ZR1 Vettes, ZL1 Camaros. I don't hear about problems with those and I frequent the Vette and Camaro forums.

• Like 2

Reliability should be a non issue. They most likely put a 1.9L blower on it which is about the safest low level boosted one made. Canned tune shouldve put about 75 whp down all said and done. Total power somewhere in the neighborhood of 450whp. If that's what you're going for then its a hell of a deal. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darksky said:

im not sure why Flying Fool believes you’ll be spending all your time at the dealership. Superchargers aren’t magic or a huge mystery. Personally I’d look at it.

Not new for these engines either.  It's not a cobbled kit, Magnuson makes a clean bolt-on setup with a shrink-wrapped tune and solid instructions.  It's about as dead-simple to get right for our trucks as anything.  I was even able to install one myself on my LQ4 and remove/reinstall one on an LM7 before that.

20 hours ago, flyingfool said:

I wouldn't touch it unless you like wasting precious weekends, sitting in the at the service departments waiting room, who cares if it's warranteed , i have better shit to do with my weekends.... there's a reason "it's for sale..." 

this truck really isn't all that fast compared to a tuned stock 6.2 truck. I believe it's 1 second quicker , nothing to write home about! its still a heavy pig, stock or boosted , MPG will be worse than factory , like 10mpg... buy an old F-body or used CTS-V if you want supercharged adrenaline

This was funny. A second faster is no big deal lol. A 1 second lower et on a drag strip is HUGE. The amount of power it takes to go 1 second faster is big. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve had several boosted trucks. Anyone with basic knowledge can install one. Your already required to run premium gas, so the tune can’t be that wild. If you can get a car fax and it has a warranty your covered. Although there was a thread yesterday about a boosted new Ford for under 40K.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a26184349/2019-ford-f-150-supercharged-lebanon-ford/

GM could just allow the 6.2 in ANY model and make serious money...the Supercharged vehicle mentioned in the link is a dealership add on although I am sure it's done with Ford's blessings.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a26184349/2019-ford-f-150-supercharged-lebanon-ford/

GM could just allow the 6.2 in ANY model and make serious money...the Supercharged vehicle mentioned in the link is a dealership add on although I am sure it's done with Ford's blessings.

Say you get a double cab on sale decently equipped for around 32K that’s with the 5.3. A Whipple kit goes for around 8K. No labor do it your self your already at 40K. And only in the 400 HP range. Doing it yourself no warranty. I think I go with that Ford.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Say you get a double cab on sale decently equipped for around 32K that’s with the 5.3. A Whipple kit goes for around 8K. No labor do it your self your already at 40K. And only in the 400 HP range. Doing it yourself no warranty. I think I go with that Ford.

Oh it's a GREAT deal with a warranty to boot! That is one cool dealership for sure. Oh and just to be clear, my 6.2 comment wasn't intended to equal the Supercharger in any way, just a easy money maker for GM or it sure seems it would make money. I'm sure their bean counters have thought it through so I'm probably taking out my backside :D

Oh it's a GREAT deal with a warranty to boot! That is one cool dealership for sure. Oh and just to be clear, my 6.2 comment wasn't intended to equal the Supercharger in any way, just a easy money maker for GM or it sure seems it would make money. I'm sure their bean counters have thought it through so I'm probably taking out my backside [emoji3]

I’ve had many small blocks, a few big blocks amazing engines. GM used to give you the big HP in any thing you wanted. The other manufacturers mostly still do.

• Like 1

So if you get a supercharger, you need to run premium gas?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So if you get a supercharger, you need to run premium gas?

The 6.2 already required premium gas. Every S/C I’ve had installed required premium gas.

• Like 1

The 6.2 already required premium gas. Every S/C I’ve had installed required premium gas.

Good to know. I was just curious as I have the 5.3L and was thinking maybe one day I'll get a supercharger for it. Figured the gas would still be the same.

1 hour ago, Rock1500 said:

Good to know. I was just curious as I have the 5.3L and was thinking maybe one day I'll get a supercharger for it. Figured the gas would still be the same.

Man if you’re dropping change for a SC you’re not gonna really care about a few dollars (not saying you would) at the pump!! You’re gonna fill that tank, jump in, turn that key and smile all the way....to the next gas station :D Naw, it’ll be worth that just hearing the sound! There is someone on here with a video he made with his 5.3 and it sounded wicked...

Man if you’re dropping change for a SC you’re not gonna really care about a few dollars (not saying you would) at the pump!! You’re gonna fill that tank, jump in, turn that key and smile all the way....to the next gas station [emoji3] Naw, it’ll be worth that just hearing the sound! There is someone on here with a video he made with his 5.3 and it sounded wicked...
Oh I have no issues with using premium at that point. I just was wondering if you had to. I would have thought with the 5.3 , you could use whatever you liked