Any supercharged 6.2 owners that can give some feedback?

I have a 2017 6.2L Crew Cab 8-speed with a Magnuson TVS1900, Blackbear tune, and Methanol Injection if you want to contact me and ask any questions.

Yes, you need to run 91 octane or better. At worst, my MPG is 11.5 (and that's with ZERO freeway driving in stop and go Los Angeles traffic...and getting into boost quite a bit for fun). The 1900 alone at 6psi is plenty to put a huge smile on your face - although your truck won't feel quite as peppy as mine because of the lift and tires (I'm stock everything with 20"). Lastly, the stock Magnuson tune is a great tune to start with. If you do feel you want more, you can get someone else to tune it, but there's no real need.

I've had a Magnuson on my trucks for 15 years now. The only problem I had was a blown transmission after 10 years. The $2500 to replace it was worth the "pay to play" fun I had with it for a decade.

Price-wise, I paid $38500 for the SLT, Bose, heated/vented seats and 2wd. That's all the options I wanted, so I drove the price down. I didn't need 4wd anymore, so I cut it out for the first time in my life. Blower was about $5100 + $800 install.

Edited by Mileguru
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2019 at 9:56 PM, Mileguru said:

I have a 2017 6.2L Crew Cab 8-speed with a Magnuson TVS1900, Blackbear tune, and Methanol Injection if you want to contact me and ask any questions.

Yes, you need to run 91 octane or better. At worst, my MPG is 11.5 (and that's with ZERO freeway driving in stop and go Los Angeles traffic...and getting into boost quite a bit for fun). The 1900 alone at 6psi is plenty to put a huge smile on your face - although your truck won't feel quite as peppy as mine because of the lift and tires (I'm stock everything with 20"). Lastly, the stock Magnuson tune is a great tune to start with. If you do feel you want more, you can get someone else to tune it, but there's no real need.

I've had a Magnuson on my trucks for 15 years now. The only problem I had was a blown transmission after 10 years. The $2500 to replace it was worth the "pay to play" fun I had with it for a decade.

Price-wise, I paid $38500 for the SLT, Bose, heated/vented seats and 2wd. That's all the options I wanted, so I drove the price down. I didn't need 4wd anymore, so I cut it out for the first time in my life. Blower was about $5100 + $800 install.

Do you know what your average mpg is on the freeway? I'm interested in supercharging my 2014 6.2. Thanks

Is this truck considered the Calloway edition? I've seen a few on the road around here. The local dealer has an Escalade with Calloway badges on it. I believe the Calloway is just the 6.2 with dealer installed S/C. One day I'll own a super or turbocharged 6.2l truck. I'm a mechanic and my best friend installs Magnuson's and prochargers for a local speed shop that his father in law owns. I'm also in the process of finishing my pole barn. Just waiting for electricity so I can get my hoist and compressor setup.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

On 3/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, NWdirt said:

Do you know what your average mpg is on the freeway? I'm interested in supercharging my 2014 6.2. Thanks

Sorry, I haven't driven enough freeway only miles in a very long time and don't exactly remember the mileage. If I had to go with my gut and best memory, I would guess somewhere near 20 though.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 3:39 PM, flyingfool said:

I wouldn't touch it unless you like wasting precious weekends, sitting in the at the service departments waiting room, who cares if it's warranteed , i have better shit to do with my weekends.... there's a reason "it's for sale..." 

this truck really isn't all that fast compared to a tuned stock 6.2 truck. I believe it's 1 second quicker , nothing to write home about! its still a heavy pig, stock or boosted , MPG will be worse than factory , like 10mpg... buy an old F-body or used CTS-V if you want supercharged adrenaline

this is the biggest crock of shyt i ever seen on here, really ??? I have a 15 5.3 LTZ Z71 w all the mods, plus a procharger, its around 650-670 at the flywheel. I have not had to touch it since everything was installed, it hauls F'n azz and is a blast to drive. The AFM has been tuned out, anybody still running AFM better get that shyt tuned out or buy the plug in from Amazon, it will do more harm than good, if your that concerned about gas get a v6 and quit cryin about it. I'd buy a 1/2T with a 454 if they would sell me one...Roost

On 2/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, Jacoby said:

This was funny. A second faster is no big deal lol. A 1 second lower et on a drag strip is HUGE. The amount of power it takes to go 1 second faster is big. 

but its BS we both know that, dude dont have a clue its pretty obvious

I understand 1 sec is a lot of power, but when they compared the two trucks, NA vs S/C ,  I wasnt all that impressed with the power  output of the S/C kit on the market , I'm willing to bet you can get pretty close to those low boost Supercharger power numbers with just a well designed NA 6.2 set up, for far less than the $8k they will be charging you S/C guys to complete the project.

the stock truck is very de-tuned motor wise and transmission too.. a set of ported heads, and stage 2 BTR cam, e85 sensor, intake CAI, londtubes, exhaust, and light weight 17" wheels will even things out a lot on the comparision this would be close to a $3000 parts cost

I would recommend pulling trans and doing these upgrades first; bigger line boost valve, Circ D converter, trans cooler, all the new valve bodie updates and reducing the TorqueManagment intrusion by 20% , larger piston upgrade,, parts cost here is another $1500

Edited by flyingfool

On 3/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, NWdirt said:

With everyone staying home, I had the most empty Friday afternoon freeway drive of my life in Los Angeles. Went down to Torrence to get 5 gallons of methanol just in case I can't get it for a while. Turns out my guess of 20mpg was right on the nose (and this is compensating for the DIC, which always says your MPGs are better than reality).

• Like 1