In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

MultiPro Tailgate Problem/Issue Discovered - Lack of Engineering...

Another engineering fail, in my opinion, is that with the load stop up, the bed's about an inch too short to hold an 8' sheet of plywood (or any 8' lumber).  Come on man, couldn't gimme another inch?
I ask God the same question.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ask God the same question. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It's a personal preference but I disagree that it's a gimmick.  If you have one and use your truck like a truck it's a REALLY cool and useful feature.  You don't realise it until you've had the opport

That's what she said....

Posted Images

7 hours ago, brothernov said:

Another engineering fail, in my opinion, is that with the load stop up, the bed's about an inch too short to hold an 8' sheet of plywood (or any 8' lumber).  Come on man, couldn't gimme another inch?

That's what she said....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/14/2019 at 10:32 PM, randomledders said:

Around here it’s an 80$ fine for leaving a hitch in when not towing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another BS way for the gov't to make money of the working person.

1 hour ago, Daverado said:

Not the working person, the lazy one with casual disregard for the safety of others.

Not to mention their shin bones. If I leave mine in I'll be looking for a band aid soon.

I love the tailgate.

Edited by OHDenali

OP if you had got the standard size bed, and turn the handle bars so the tire sits in the front corner of the bed, slide the rear wheels together in the center of the tail gate you can close the tailgate with 2 bikes in the bed.

i am upgrading to the HD which has 4" longer bed length. i am fairly certain you can fit 3 bikes in and close the gate. if not they make a tail gate extender that holds the gate open a couple inches at the top. works great. i can fit a full sice 4 wheeler and my dirtbike in the bed with this device.

your truck is already purchased, but may be worth looking into if you ever replace it in the future.

sometimes i wish it was easy to remove the front wheel on a dirt bike and clamp the forks into a holder like a bicycle. that would make securing dirt bikes a snap.

I pull mine when not towing so I can use the multipro tailgate, but I fail to see this big safety hazard it causes by leaving it in. Do you mean getting so close to my truck that you hit it with your vehicle? Tough darts,  Nancy.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bass mechanic said:

OP if you had got the standard size bed, and turn the handle bars so the tire sits in the front corner of the bed, slide the rear wheels together in the center of the tail gate you can close the tailgate with 2 bikes in the bed.

i am upgrading to the HD which has 4" longer bed length. i am fairly certain you can fit 3 bikes in and close the gate. if not they make a tail gate extender that holds the gate open a couple inches at the top. works great. i can fit a full sice 4 wheeler and my dirtbike in the bed with this device.

your truck is already purchased, but may be worth looking into if you ever replace it in the future.

sometimes i wish it was easy to remove the front wheel on a dirt bike and clamp the forks into a holder like a bicycle. that would make securing dirt bikes a snap.

Personally, I just load the bikes (1 or 2) in straight and put all the gear, etc in between them and along the sides; ramps, gas cans, boots, gear bags etc. I then run a ratchet strap between the rear lower tiedowns, thru each rear wheel & around the ramps, and use the loose end to secure any items (if needed). 
I have a Back Rack on my truck and drilled holes in the bed mounts for tie down points. I use these for the front of the bikes, as they work waaaay better than the stock tiedown points in the box.

In 13 yrs have never lost anything, nor worried about it, headed to or from the riding area. Granted, I usually don't have to go down much in the way of rough service roads to get to the trailhead, but do have lots of highway. 
On some roads, there is a big advantage to having the tailgate down........... ?

If there's 3 bikes, I use my enclosed cargo trailer.

Maybe GM can save us from ourselves by adding the power-lift option to the MPT and adding a proximity sensor that will detect any obstruction, such as a hitch, and halt the tailgate from opening any further? Modern vehicles have all kinds of nanny doodads to protect us from our inattentiveness, so something like this shouldn't be difficult. Sure beats removing the hitch. :rolleyes:

I do agree that providing the ability to lock the load stop in the extended position would be a no-brainer. That omission was just ridiculous.

Edited by UncleDave