From F150 to Denali. (New member)

I agree that the wax coating isn’t the greatest. We’re in the rust belt here too and one thing I did that really helped my 2016 was buying a can of Nox Rust (linked below) and touching it up often (along with doing the underbody flushes). It is an exact match to the original coating.

There were several bare spots that I noticed right away when I bought the truck so I sprayed those. And then I also crawled under it and went to town after every time it was on a lift to touch up the worn spots. I have to say when I traded it in, it was pretty much flawless underneath. Once the rust starts, it’s much harder to fix.

https://www.daubertchemical.com/store/product-list/corrosion-prevention/nox-rust-x-121b

So they didn't fix the F150 frozen door latch, so that's constitutes it being a lemon???    There's been plenty of GM lemons too, especially first year 2014, so hopefully the trend doesn't continue on the new body 2019's.

I'm going back to F150, waiting to see what the new 2021 redesign looks like before I make my final decision.   Had a few F150's before without issue.  Same with my dad and brother all have newer F150's.  My 2014 Sierra needed a new radiator, I fixed some interior rattles myself, frame is getting pretty rusty, lousy shifting (fixed it with a tuner), and few other minor annoyances.  And it only has 28k miles on it so far, a pavement queen!

As far as biggest interior I think all half tons are all very close. The fact that the gm does not offer the dual moonroof adds more interior room. This was also pointed out in a recent car and driver magazine. Again though all of tbem very close now. 

2 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Welcome. Some helpful tips I wish someone told me when I bought my 2016..... Gm still uses a wax type frame rust proofer. I see snow in your pic. I would highly advise you investigate rust proofing options now. My truck has seen 3 winters and the frame is solid rust. Wish I had done something day 1. Also if you have the painted front bumper they are very prone to rock chips. So look at your options for paint film or vynal.

Also if you push and hold the unlock button it should lower all 4 windows at once. Great in the summer. You might need to enable that in the truck information screen.

Enjoy the new ride

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Go to YouTube there are lots of electronic custom deals you can do all through menu on the GM info screen.  

1 hour ago, stevev said:

So they didn't fix the F150 frozen door latch, so that's constitutes it being a lemon???    There's been plenty of GM lemons too, especially first year 2014, so hopefully the trend doesn't continue on the new body 2019's.

I'm going back to F150, waiting to see what the new 2021 redesign looks like before I make my final decision.   Had a few F150's before without issue.  Same with my dad and brother all have newer F150's.  My 2014 Sierra needed a new radiator, I fixed some interior rattles myself, frame is getting pretty rusty, lousy shifting (fixed it with a tuner), and few other minor annoyances.  And it only has 28k miles on it so far, a pavement queen!

all I know they have same problem on 2019 also. There is a long thread in f150 forum. Ford knows about this issue that’s why they accept my buyback right away. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbaker68 said:

Timely thread because I may go back the other way. In a 2016 Denali now but down to either the AT4 or the F150 Platinum. I had a 2013 platinum before the Sierra and honestly loved both the Ford and the GMC.

I wouldn’t buy ford until they fix the problems. Wind noise in cabin, door latches, transmission, and other problems. Read f150 forum before you buy one :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gh-behnam said:

I wouldn’t buy ford until they fix the problems. Wind noise in cabin, door latches, transmission, and other problems. Read f150 forum before you buy one :)

And you think GM trucks are perfect right? Cmon guys. This non sense again. They all have issues. My 14 was bought back and my 16 has had many issues too. No one truck is perfect. Stop the Kool aid ?. 

Edited by f8l vnm

11 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

And you think GM trucks are perfect right? Cmon guys. This non sense again. They all have issues. My 14 was bought back and my 16 has had many issues too. No one truck is perfect. Stop the Kool aid ?. 

I hope I don’t have problem with gm. Atleast I don’t see any report of problems with 2019 yettt :) 

I've had 2 F-150 Ecoboost Lariats a 2012 and a 2015. Both were great vehicles, especially the 2015. This was possibly the finest vehicle I've owned and I'm 62 and owned a bunch. Wife talked me into trading the 2015 in on a 2018 Yukon XL 5.3L and it was such an ill handling, underpowered, jerky shifting turd that I traded it in last week on a 2019 4WD Denali 1500.  The Denali really is a nice driving, great running vehicle. Hard to believe it was built by the same folks that built my Yukon. Time and mileage will tell the story though. Those F-150 Lariats have set the bar really high and the 3.5L Ecoboosts would run a hole in the wind.

2 minutes ago, CmackR56 said:

I've had 2 F-150 Ecoboost Lariats a 2012 and a 2015. Both were great vehicles, especially the 2015. This was possibly the finest vehicle I've owned and I'm 62 and owned a bunch. Wife talked me into trading the 2015 in on a 2018 Yukon XL 5.3L and it was such an ill handling, underpowered, jerky shifting turd that I traded it in last week on a 2019 4WD Denali 1500.  The Denali really is a nice driving, great running vehicle. Hard to believe it was built by the same folks that built my Yukon. Time and mileage will tell the story though. Those F-150 Lariats have set the bar really high and the 3.5L Ecoboosts would run a hole in the wind.

I agree with you on 3.5L Ecoboosta engine. Ford was faster than Denali for sure but I like the v8 sound on 6.2 engine better. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My friend just bought a 2019 ford 5.0 4x4 3:73 gears 10 speed and that is faster than my 6.2. Sideways in 1st 2nd and chirped 3rd. I was also surprised how torquey it feels being such higher revving motor. The truck only had 150 miles on it when he took me for a ride.

13 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

My friend just bought a 2019 ford 5.0 4x4 3:73 gears 10 speed and that is faster than my 6.2. Sideways in 1st 2nd and chirped 3rd. I was also surprised how torquey it feels being such higher revving motor. The truck only had 150 miles on it when he took me for a ride.

I don't buy trucks to race, period.

:)

• Haha 1