Anyone else disappointed they switched the 22” tire

ndogg ct

I went from a 20 SLT to a 22 Denali. I thought the 22s would ride terrible. They don't. I can't tell the difference. What sucks is the Bridgestone Alenza's in the snow and ice. They are truly awful. How were the Bridgestone ATs that most had? I had the 20 inch Goodyear SRA's on the SLT. They weren't so hot either. OEM tires tend to be that way.

I had 22" s on my 2014 rally sport which came with the truck n they were brutal. you felt every bump on the road, had HD bilsteins shocks n struts put on , it helped a little. Oh by the way 22's look good but that's it 

20170929_144707_resized.jpg

The Bridgestones are the biggest pieces of crap on the planet, what's on them now? 

I have multiple friends that own same vehicle all had over 40k on the duelers
That is the first bad comment I have ever heard about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ndogg ct said:

I have multiple friends that own same vehicle all had over 40k on the duelers
That is the first bad comment I have ever heard about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is standard fare to critisize the hell out of the stock LT tires on these trucks. On my ‘15 I ran the stock Good Years until they had to be replaced. Replaced them with the Michelin Defender ll’s and hated pulling my trailer or hitting grooved pavement, got real squirrely and were mushy while pulling the trailer. On my ‘18 I have the stock Good Year Wrangler SR-A’s and have zero issues with them. Snow, ice, trailering, etc. The wife and me just got back from a ski trip last Monday that ended up closing the road back home, we made it about a half hour before they closed it. The road was rife with 4 foot drifts, wind howling, broken snow floor, ice, and the like. Zero issues. 

That being said I do understand those that are loyal to a particular brand or want that custom look on their rigs. To each his own but for the love of Pete stop spreading lies about a great tire just to further your cause. 

I have the duelers on my denali and it will get stuck on flat grass they are great on the expressway and rain but I have to agree in snow or any grass they suck. I will still run them though because they're a great all around tire still.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Duellers have terrible traction. They are a great highway tire and don't wear fast, but that just means they have a harder durometer rubber, which means poor grip.  My first experience with them was 10 years ago when I put a set of 20s on my old truck to replace the stock LS2s.  it was like driving on ice with them.  Same thing with this set of 22s on my truck now.  Only reason I ever use them is because I get them free at work because they are so common and I hate buying tires.  I'll be buying some nice max performance summer tires when I finally get fed up with these.  

1 hour ago, qwank said:

The Duellers have terrible traction. They are a great highway tire and don't wear fast, but that just means they have a harder durometer rubber, which means poor grip.  My first experience with them was 10 years ago when I put a set of 20s on my old truck to replace the stock LS2s.  it was like driving on ice with them.  Same thing with this set of 22s on my truck now.  Only reason I ever use them is because I get them free at work because they are so common and I hate buying tires.  I'll be buying some nice max performance summer tires when I finally get fed up with these.  

Wow are we talking about the same tires? The one 22” Bridgestone dueler at?i have yet to find a better 22” all season tire

i live in New England and have never had a problem in any snow storm

Edited by ndogg ct

4 minutes ago, ndogg ct said:

Wow are we talking about the same tires? The one 22” Bridgestone dueler at?i have yet to find a better 22” all season tire

i live in New England and have never had a problem in any snow storm

No, the dueller HL. The ATs are better but a lot of people complain about how loud they are. The get feathered really easy if you don't keep up with rotations too, which adds to the noise.