Wiper blade upgrades?

The factory wiper blades on the 2019s are not very good. I haven’t had a vehicle with spring arm wipers like this since 2005...they really went backwards from the beam design on my 2016. Not only are they big and ugly, but they don’t really work well either.

Problem is, I haven’t bought anything other than the OEM wiper blades in years. Now I have to move on and I’m wondering what other people are using on their T1? Surely I’m not the only one annoyed with these standard ones...

I would imagine they are the same. Maybe I just have a bunk batch, but they don’t seem to clean very well and leave some streaks, especially on the outer edges. They also seem to be affected by the wind at freeway speeds because they are so bulky. I swear my old truck had way better wipers.

So the wipers that came from factory on the 14 - 18's were actually really good. Many people faulted them but I tried multiple aftermarket models and the factory wipers were always superior, go figure. Like me, the problem may be with your windshield itself, especially given the fact that your truck is new. I would give them windshield a really good clean with something like this and then clay bar the windshield. Follow that up with another cleaning just for good measure. Also be sure to clean your wiper blades with some water and soap and then a couple passes of a cloth with some alcohol across the rubber blade before putting them back down. 

This is normal of new cars and everyone is quick to believe its the wipers that are faulty, and I don't blame them, but you will have to make sure that the windshield on the truck you purchased which was exposed to elements for a few months without cleaning or use is not the culprit. If you drag your finger across your windshield and it feels tacky or gritty, you have your answer but doing this never hurts.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Ericruiz911
  • Like 2

Don't really have a problem with the blades themselves but in cold temps they ice up and then cause streaks. The defroster doesn't even hit the lower portion off windshield where the wipers sit, never had this problem on my 15, so yes, I think the wipers on my TB do suck.

• Like 1

I had zero problems with my oem blades, but I always upgrade to Rain X no matter what car it is.  I normally use the Lattitude, but decided to try out the new Silicone blade (Advantedge) just because of a rebate they were offering.  

They clean really really well, but I mainly buy them because of how long they last.  I have tried Bosche premium blades in the past and they work well at first, but wear out quickly for the price. 

Edit:

I returned my Silicone blades, and switched back to the Lattitude.  The Silicone wipers lasted less than 2 months in the NE winters before rolling over and streaking/squealing. 

Edited by MadCaddie
  • Like 2